Lepai T-Amp with TA2020 - Page 132 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st November 2012, 09:17 AM   #1311
danzz is offline danzz  Spain
diyAudio Member

That could be the problem with the op-amp too much heat, I also thought of the using the DIP version, but its much bigger... anyway, that I solved cause I bypassed the op-amp, and the amp worked again. The second problem came when I changed the 220uf caps and the 0,1uf one, Since then I get 0,34V in pin 2 and 8 of the Tripath, and also in pin 6 (overloadb) I get no voltage at all, by the datasheet, it says that a logic low output in pin 6 indicates that the input signal has overloaded the amplifier. Does that mean that tripath is burnt!?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbynate View Post
I imagine you're using too much heat when you solder. Its a balance between not enough and too much. In your case I would replace the op amp with an 8-pin socket so you can use a fresh op-amp without exposing it to heat.
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:40 AM   #1312
joeoz is offline joeoz  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

For those who are nostalgic towards the original Lepai, I managed to find and buy the older model here:

Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Lepai LP2020 Digital Stereo Amplifier TA2020 Class Mini Amplifier for HiFi CD/MP3/MP4/Car Silver

By far the lowest price I've seen for a Lepai. Will probably get some more as spares.

I decided to keep the tone controls, so I swapped out the op-amp for an LM4562. I replaced the 2.2uF input caps with some WIMA film caps, and also replaced the power cap with a 4700uF Nichicon Fine Gold cap.

The amp sounds really good, and the mods were very simple to do.

Cheers,
Joe
Old 27th November 2012, 02:09 AM   #1313
diyAudio Member

Did you ever get it figured out? Have you tried putting the old caps back in? The only thing I can think of is that you might have one of them backwards. Other than that I have no idea. I hope it's not the chip!

-Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzz View Post
That could be the problem with the op-amp too much heat, I also thought of the using the DIP version, but its much bigger... anyway, that I solved cause I bypassed the op-amp, and the amp worked again. The second problem came when I changed the 220uf caps and the 0,1uf one, Since then I get 0,34V in pin 2 and 8 of the Tripath, and also in pin 6 (overloadb) I get no voltage at all, by the datasheet, it says that a logic low output in pin 6 indicates that the input signal has overloaded the amplifier. Does that mean that tripath is burnt!?.
soleil birth services
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:08 AM   #1314
este is offline este  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hi everyone, can we make this a headphone amp or maybe add a headphone output?
Old 2nd December 2012, 03:44 PM   #1315
chomdh is offline chomdh  United States
diyAudio Member

Why not just make a CMOY if you want a headphone amp.
Old 2nd December 2012, 03:46 PM   #1316
chomdh is offline chomdh  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probedude View Post
This is the one I have - no relay.
Is yours different?

YJ TA2020 amp
What wall plug do you guys suggest for use with the YJ? Mine's on the way : ). I am planning to use it to power some speakers in our bedroom.

Also, has anyone found a nice off the shelf enclosure or should I plan to just make one?
Old 2nd December 2012, 05:31 PM   #1317
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeoz View Post
Hi all,

For those who are nostalgic towards the original Lepai, I managed to find and buy the older model here:

Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Lepai LP2020 Digital Stereo Amplifier TA2020 Class Mini Amplifier for HiFi CD/MP3/MP4/Car Silver

By far the lowest price I've seen for a Lepai. Will probably get some more as spares.

I decided to keep the tone controls, so I swapped out the op-amp for an LM4562. I replaced the 2.2uF input caps with some WIMA film caps, and also replaced the power cap with a 4700uF Nichicon Fine Gold cap.

Cheers,
Joe
Did you check the shipping cost?
Old 2nd December 2012, 10:08 PM   #1318
Bare is offline Bare  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeoz View Post
Hi all,

Cheers,
Joe
Look a wee bit harder :-)
YJ TA2020 20W+20W Class D amplifier board | eBay
Wima caps throughout, Decent Volume control and inductors. Best of all; NO worthless Tone controls to disable/repair.
No case though.
Ohhh Ali express can be a gateway to mass Spam if not careful.. don't ask.
Old 4th December 2012, 09:42 PM   #1319
diyAudio Member

Hey guys,
I got a the amp from amazon and I am really loving it but going higher up it start to distort the sound. I got a friend that can get hold of electrical goodies, capacitors, chokes, ect. He offered to get me better capacitors and anything else I would need and replace them for me. He asked me to get a list of things that I would need to he could order them.

I did read the stuff of page 60 but that is for an older model. What changes would you suggest to battle the distortion and just to have higher quality sound all together?

Thank you

Last edited by Mariusmssj; 4th December 2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 4th December 2012, 09:48 PM   #1320
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

not built for hifi

Hide this!Advertise here!