Lepai T-Amp with TA2020 - Page 118 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th June 2012, 12:37 PM   #1171
Ouz is offline Ouz
diyAudio Member

Hello all,
Are there anyone running this Lepai LP2020A+ from an SLA battery?
I have looked through the topic but could not find how big batteries are generally preferred. Could you comment on how big batteries you use with what kind of speakers and the lifetime of the battery is around how many hours??
I am gonna use 6ohm speakers, how big batteries I need do you think for example running this full volume for 5 hours?
Thanks in advance
Ouz
Old 4th June 2012, 05:06 PM   #1172
diyAudio Member

Gel/Pb 12V, 7A/h
Old 8th June 2012, 01:12 PM   #1173
diyAudio Member

Default fryed lepai lp-2020a+

hi all i have a problem a few weeks ago my compannion connected the poels wrong on a lepai lp-2020a+ and it of cause stoppede working but when i opende it there were no visible signs of fryede components and if I put power on (poels as they are supose to be) it lights up as normal but there is no sound no matter what music source or input port i use. is there any one that might know if it is somthing that can fixed ? and what it might be =? the burned amp is the one on the picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00218.jpg (535.4 KB, 562 views)
Old 9th June 2012, 02:09 PM   #1174
diyAudio Member

Is this PSU from Dealextreme still recommended for the 2020A+ ?

12V 3.2A Power Supply Transformer for LED Light Bulb (AC 110~240V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

This is the same specs but different modelnumber, anybody tried this instead?

12V 3.2A Switching Power Supply Driver LED Strip light | eBay
Old 23rd June 2012, 07:43 AM   #1175
blossom is offline blossom  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Heres how i got on so far, Panasonic fc caps, that’s about as good as I could get easily here(AU), 6600 total for the power. I might still look into some film caps at signal input. Plus the output stage is not the same as the data sheet, might try and get that back to whats advised too. As can be seen I scraped the tone section. Has been fun. Oh and the nichicon muse caps came with it(from china) too.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by blossom; 23rd June 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 23rd June 2012, 07:50 AM   #1176
blossom is offline blossom  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Also, I've read the hole thread and still don't know what the story is concerning higher voltages and the A+ model? Surely i missed something. I really want to be running this of a 14.5v(at full charge) lifepo4 battery. Anybody know what the story is with that?
Old 28th June 2012, 10:59 PM   #1177
diyAudio Member

Hello, I'm new here. I have a problem and was hoping someone had an answer. I have a Lepai LP-V9 amp. I have it hooked up to a 3.5mm jack via rca cables to play mp3 or internet radio from my phone. I had the amp on today and plugged my phone in while internet radio was playing and next thing I know, there is smoke coming from the amp and no more sound. Everything was working perfectly fine the past month until today. The amp is only a month old...How in the world did I fry it just by plugging in my phone? I played music from it earlier today but by switching the input on the amp before playing any music. The amp fried after hooking up music already playing...I don't get it. Plz help!
Old 4th July 2012, 10:01 PM   #1178
diyAudio Member

Question lepai lp2020a+

Quote:
Originally Posted by candoumi View Post
For those interested, this is a picture of the newest board (dual opamp and tone bypass).

There is no component underneath.

Hi my amplifier came today (4th july 2012) and has a red circuit board i have replaced vonage 2a power supply with a xbox 360 16.5a power supply i know its a bit overkill as the thing will only drain about 4-5a and also the 2200uf power cap has been replaced with a much bulkier 10,000uf cap, i am not experiencing the pop when turning on and off and also not experiencing the hiss from the tone controls but my relay isnt engaging when i turn the amplifier up to distortion, i am not sure but could there be a problem with my amplifier?

thanks rob
Old 8th July 2012, 05:15 PM   #1179
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrm View Post
Btw, is there a way to make the amp cut off at 11V instead of 9V?
I have it running on a 12V SLA battery, and it would be nice to have a battery protection circuit integrated in the amp

Cheers
Hi,
maybe if you put 2 or 3 diodes in series and since diodes have about a 0.7v drop your amp will get about 12.5v when fully charged and when your amp is at 9v it will shut off and your battery will actually be on about 11v
Old 16th July 2012, 04:22 PM   #1180
Bare is offline Bare  Canada
diyAudio Member

Have just read the entire thread
lots of info/input v interesting reading actually.
Questions arise.. Dohhh!
Was initially planning on DIYing from a ta 2020 chip , then thought this Lepai rascal for $20 (delivered but sans the wallwart )was too cheap to pass up .
Reading all the info in the thread, I was wondering if it was simpler to buy a 41hz.com Amp 6 'kit' from the outset rather than cobbling an ersatz one from the Lepai.
Not owning either, which would reveal all, inside of 5 mins use, I can only ask before the fact

Silly thing is that I'm attracted to the idea of playing with a new toy, but I want it to be state of the art sound (at least 'eventually'), for biamping use with active crossovers, feeding Tweeters only.

Honestly.. IS this a real performance expectation from this wee chip.. in any of it's Amp versions?

Hide this!Advertise here!