Lepai T-Amp with TA2020 - Page 117 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th May 2012, 09:25 PM   #1161
diyAudio Member

I changed L1, L2, L3, L4 and L5 today and I think my tripath is dead now. I accidently reversed the power supply pole, but I did this a few weeks ago and it wasn't a problem.

If I listen very close to the amp, I hear the sound.

How can I check, if I fried the chip? I'm not sure if I should her a relais clicking if I switch it on (the old ta-2020 did it), but there is no click now.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I just noticed, that the chip gets really(!) hot, when its running for half a few seconds (with no sound output, of course). Suggestions?

Last edited by eXus49; 10th May 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 14th May 2012, 12:24 AM   #1162
diyAudio Member

hello, im researching the tone bypass mod and found that my lepai is ancient and the board is different of the wiki ones, may someone point me tips about what to look? Click the image to open in full size.
Old 24th May 2012, 05:13 AM   #1163
fudj is offline fudj  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default multiple TA2020 on one PSU

Just wondering if anyone can suggest anything I should do to run multiple TA2020's off a single PSU. I've run 3 with no discernable problems but I am looking to run 16 (yes! 16x) off a single 700W ATX power supply. Power-wise, on paper I'm a little stretched, but I'm expecting to only run 2-10W speakers off most of the channels. These are mostly sound effect speakers, but obviously less noise the better.

should i be putting any components on each DC powerline to prevent noise?

thanks in advance
Paul

btw, this thread is amazing!
Old 24th May 2012, 06:38 AM   #1164
diyAudio Member

Do you have any specs for the power supply other than "700W"?
Seems plausible on its face. My questions would be about the power supply: Can it provide enough current (are 500W on the +/-5V lines?), does it require a load across each supply?, etc. I'm uncertain if the supply is noisier than the usual OE switcher, or how best to decrease the noise (eg, where is the noise located in the spectrum?).
Old 24th May 2012, 07:01 AM   #1165
fudj is offline fudj  Australia
diyAudio Member

it's a coolermaster extreme power plus 700W
+5V - 25A
+12V - 52A

I've already added a 10ohm 10W power resister on the +5V as recommended on the interwebs. should i add more load to the +5V rail?
Old 24th May 2012, 07:51 AM   #1166
diyAudio Member

That ought to be enough load. You only need enough so the supply doesn't "error out" and refuse to start. You have over 3 amps for each of the TA2020s, which should be plenty unless you want to run things on 11, in which case you should expect lots of heat. Connect the power supply inputs in parallel, with NO common connections on any of the speaker outputs.
Old 26th May 2012, 04:38 PM   #1167
Franfj is offline Franfj  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicomajo View Post
hello, im researching the tone bypass mod and found that my lepai is ancient and the board is different of the wiki ones, may someone point me tips about what to look? Click the image to open in full size.
Here Lepai T-Amp with TA2020 you could find some schematics, basically you should wire C4 and C5 to C2 and C3... if you can follow the schematics and tacks on the board shouldn't be hard to do.
Old 1st June 2012, 05:25 AM   #1168
blossom is offline blossom  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Hi, just for interest sake, heres what the components of my LP-2020A+ looked like out of the box.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 1st June 2012, 11:34 AM   #1169
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franfj View Post
Here Lepai T-Amp with TA2020 you could find some schematics, basically you should wire C4 and C5 to C2 and C3... if you can follow the schematics and tacks on the board shouldn't be hard to do.
thank you a lot
Old 1st June 2012, 08:37 PM   #1170
diyAudio Member

can anyone tell me what kind of resistors are next to the speaker outputs. They're the big blue ones.

they look like 10 ohm resistors but the board says 20 so i'm confused what they are and I need to replace them. Also, can I replace them with a different size?

p.s. My amp won't turn on and both those resistors look burnt, so idk if I should replace them with something else or if its no use bc my chip might be damaged.

Last edited by j0ckinjz; 1st June 2012 at 09:06 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!