Lepai T-Amp with TA2020 - Page 107 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2012, 09:05 PM   #1061
QT0815 is offline QT0815  Germany
diyAudio Member

You are right, the ones i posted above (WEPD4L / SMSL1305 / PISM 100uH) should be capable of around 3,8A.
Here a link for SMSL1305 : SMSL1305

I mixed up the specs.

Hope could clarify it a little
Old 7th January 2012, 02:44 AM   #1062
diyAudio Member

Default One board per case please!

Quote:
I measured mine, these have a height of 4,9 millimeters. It is in front of me, because i just modifiying it a little right now. Look here : SureTA-2024 Board integrated in Lepai LP-2020 - Quad Channel amp
Thats pretty impressive. I like how you found a way to cram in another PCB into the space.

hmmmm, I'm still on the fence on the toroids. Thanks to all for posting the different options for these. I'll be watching with interest.
Old 7th January 2012, 06:01 AM   #1063
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franfj View Post
Well, the diode is to avoid that the current hold by the solenoid come back and could damage other components (it's a typical circuit, some transistors -the black components with 3 pins- control the relay http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8...ydrivergg8.jpg ). Be careful to not bypass any components in the output stage, and do not make ground contact, as it can damage the chip.

Thanks for the reply..

This is my understanding..When the voltage goes through those 2 pins (connected to the diode), relay connect speaker negative to the chip negative output.. To verify this I should be able to hear the "click" sound (mechanical movement).. So my idea is that if I'm not hearing the click sound something is wrong with the relay..(This amp fail to perform due to short circuit occurred earlier)(I'm quite confident about the PSU)..My idea is to take out this relay & check for any results.. (connect speaker negative wires manually)

Also if someone could, please share normal voltage of the positive speaker output (when the chip is not connected to the audio input)..I'm confused about the results I'm getting..Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 03:16 PM   #1064
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franfj View Post
Its a great idea. I have a lot of urls pointing to interesting mods, info, etc. will try to contribute

I hope to find your input in the wiki.

I guess that we should start with the absolute basic:

1-Shops selling the amp
2-PSU

What do you think
Old 7th January 2012, 03:33 PM   #1065
Franfj is offline Franfj  Spain
diyAudio Member

Don't think that shops selling the amp would be important... there are a few with reputation, but what I think that is great about this amp is that you can get at even a lower price looking on ebay (usually not powersellers users reduce the price to sell things).

I find the PSU part an interesting point to start, will be fine to have different options to compare, measures, etc. it's an important component, and not too much researched in the forum, after that I think that a first enumeration of interesting mods will be fine (will be a good idea to make a classification -power input, sound input, tone controls, sound output, etc.- and start adding links to the forum, then we can start reviewing and rewriting the interesting ones).
Old 7th January 2012, 04:38 PM   #1066
QT0815 is offline QT0815  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newAgeRoman View Post
Thats pretty impressive. I like how you found a way to cram in another PCB into the space.

hmmmm, I'm still on the fence on the toroids. Thanks to all for posting the different options for these. I'll be watching with interest.
Thx for compliment (talk about german engineering), i think without relocation of the toroids it wouldn't be possible. The space is now used for the cable of the (new)input.
Old 8th January 2012, 05:17 AM   #1067
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimusone View Post
Thanks for the reply..

This is my understanding..When the voltage goes through those 2 pins (connected to the diode), relay connect speaker negative to the chip negative output.. To verify this I should be able to hear the "click" sound (mechanical movement).. So my idea is that if I'm not hearing the click sound something is wrong with the relay..(This amp fail to perform due to short circuit occurred earlier)(I'm quite confident about the PSU)..My idea is to take out this relay & check for any results.. (connect speaker negative wires manually)

Also if someone could, please share normal voltage of the positive speaker output (when the chip is not connected to the audio input)..I'm confused about the results I'm getting..Thanks
Any help please...Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 03:03 PM   #1068
Franfj is offline Franfj  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimusone View Post
Any help please...Thanks
Your amp is in Fault mode as you have said before that it shows 5V on that pin. When the amp is in fault mode, the relay won't turn on.

So first check WHY is in fault mode? 9v on pin 25 is not a good point. Have said before, but if you are sure that is not a power supply problem, could be a short circuit problem, if none of them, probably the chip has died…
Old 10th January 2012, 08:03 PM   #1069
diyAudio Member

My chip died from something weird. Didn't bother doing anything else but I bought a new chip off ebay, 5.5 usd shipped I think. It works now

It seems like you have the same situation.
Old 11th January 2012, 03:32 AM   #1070
diyAudio Member

Hi All,

This is my second chip,,, Now the pin 25 showing the correct voltage...I'll remove all the amps & other stuff as I cannot locate the error.. Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!