Forum for issues related to the design of Class D amplifiers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2006, 01:04 AM   #1
sovadk is offline sovadk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default Forum for issues related to the design of Class D amplifiers

Hi

I've been thinking about this for a while. Would it be possible to split this forum i two?
One part that deals with the tweaking and problems with UCD, Tripats, LC-audio modules, toroidal power supplies, cabinets, commercial class D IC's etc. and another part that deals with the design of Class D amplifiers (modulation principles, feedback, power-stage design, your class D schematic etc. etc.)?

Regards
Kaspar S. Meyer
Old 16th November 2006, 01:30 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Great idea! Webmaster, please make it so!
Old 16th November 2006, 02:24 AM   #3
Tim__x is offline Tim__x  Canada
diyAudio Member

Personally I would wish that all of DiyAudio.com was split like that.
Though it's certainly to late to move threads into split technical and practical forums, having a place to put new, purely technical, threads, without all the "which battery sounds best with my T-amp" threads getting in the way, would be nice.
Old 16th November 2006, 11:29 AM   #4
BWRX is offline BWRX  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

The problem is no one searches because they either don't try at all or get frustrated with the search engine this forum uses. There's a sticky for Tripath related stuff but no one seems to be visiting it...

This forum is small compared to the other forums so why would you want to split it further?
Old 16th November 2006, 02:03 PM   #5
fredos is offline fredos  Canada
diyAudio Member

THat's good idea....I'm tired too of the stupid basic thing as unfinished input capacitor sound...And how to add volume control to an amplifier or wich wire to use between power supply and amplifier or how many 100 000 uf I should use on my 35KVA power supply for a 180 watts amplifier...Please someone do something!

Fredos
Old 16th November 2006, 02:25 PM   #6
niiico is offline niiico  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fredos
THat's good idea....I'm tired too of the stupid basic thing as unfinished input capacitor sound...And how to add volume control to an amplifier or wich wire to use between power supply and amplifier or how many 100 000 uf I should use on my 35KVA power supply for a 180 watts amplifier...Please someone do something!

Fredos
And how the newbies will find some help?

Isn't the aim of the forum to share the knowledge?

I'm happy when I ask some easy (for you) question and that someone reply to me.

Please, don't change anything to this forum!
Old 16th November 2006, 03:24 PM   #7
fredos is offline fredos  Canada
diyAudio Member

We talk about splitting forum in 2 parts...One for basic electronics/assembling and other parts for real class d building and design....Because now, there a lot of basic electronique for newbie over real interesting information.

Sorry to hurt you, but I'm hurt to saw ''how to add volume to an amplifier'' in a class d forum. That's very off topic!

Fredos
Old 16th November 2006, 04:54 PM   #8
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

I see the points being made here and will try to quickly come up with a response..

Variac
Old 16th November 2006, 05:02 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi Mods,

Look at the current status of threads in Class-D section, Full of newbie's milky teeth questions....adding a volume, changing a capacitor, which battery is best for T-amp...and where it cames the T-amp .....evidently no DIY except the assembling of prebuild modules......

Down to earth creativity is gone....
Precision Technicability is hampered..only kits & fits are considered al there nowadays.....

Where this forum is heading now, i think nowhere....if it continues like that.....

K a n w a r
Old 16th November 2006, 05:02 PM   #10
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Fredos and all others.

I'll weigh in with a viewpoint just as a member.

Consider that these same questions are answered in both the solid state and tube forums. No one complains there.

Newer DIYer's have to start somewhere and it's your job, as a whole, to nurture these new people. I see this as a good opportunity to be kind and steer them down the right path. You never know who some of these people may turn out to be. Or, you can look down at them and turn them off of any form of switching amplifier.

I have had to train green technicians. Some where so clueless they were a danger to themselves. And they had taken courses!! But we had to try and some "clicked in". Last time I checked they were doing well. I could have simply written them off.

As knowledgeable people, I think you have to try and pass on some of what you know. It will be the newer people's turn soon enough.

-Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!