DIY Powersupply for UCD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

has anyone designed a powersupply which is capable of powering 3xUCD180 and has also the DC-protection, and perhaps an auxiliary +/-12VDC supply onboard? So it should be really designed to power UCDs and offer all of the benefits of the Hypex PS modules, except it is really DIY.
Probably you will ask why i am not just going to buy a Hypex supply now, well first i want my amp to be a little more DIY than just buying everything, also i want a bit more flexibility in choosing components (diodes, caps), and i really don't see myself buying slit-foil capacitors.
So, any ideas/ help would be appreciated, most likely it has been done by someone else before anyways and someone is willing to share....
Regards,
Nils

You've got a point there. Personally, I went for a dual mono setup with a 1300 VA 42V trafo per channel, and dual bridges from the NCD power supply, but with 22 nF caps over each diode and across each AC secondary. I'm running two amps per channel, with active crossover, and have a single 15000 uF Jensen 4-pole on the high amp and dual Jensens on the bass amp. My soft start circuit is from LC Audio. Expensive overkill, but it should sound good ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.