Charlize regulated PS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rafal,
Both the link mentioned 'regulated'; so it's suitable to use either one to power your Charlize.

Powering it with 13.8V DC regulated voltage is fine as long as the voltage going into her does not breached 14.6V or so. In-fact, I found higher voltage (not too much) sounded much better.
:)

Rafal, both the supplies you linked to are linear supplies. These will work fine, but they are bulky and heavy. Try searching for a switching supply. There are tons of them out there for the same price or cheaper that work just as well.

Also, as far as what voltage is "safe" for these amps, Tripath actually gives the "high power" rating at 14.6v so its obviously safe.

High Power: 25W @ 4 Ohm, 10% THD+N, VDD=14.6V

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I run my AMP6 boards at 14.6V. Same chip as the Charlize. If you heat sink the chip to a metal case, you will have no problems.

The reason that the 13.8V supplies are labeled as 12V has to do with wheels. And the big metal boxes on top of them. You know, cars.

Automotive battery voltage has been nominally 12V for many decades now, but when a battery is fully charged, it is a little higher. And when the alternator is running, it is often putting out somewhere near 13.8 volts. That's why the supplies are at that voltage. It's a car thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.