Features in Class-D modulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im currently thinking about designing a Digital Class-D modulator. I was wondering what you guys think are the more important features to have. I was thinking that having a SPDIF input might be useful, but perhaps not. I do have some experience in making digital PWM loops that are capable of better than 100dB of DNR with a flat frequency responce (well within 0.25) to past 20k. Im thinking of trying some new ideas for my next hobby project (the class-D modulator) but I would like some feedback from people that actaully care about this kind of thing.

Thanks

CLD

Hi Brian,

Yes the current way I do designs is by using an FPGA to prototype the modulator, then I use either TI's or STA's power stages. Another thing I thought would be cool is if the 0 to 3.3V output could be very low impedance so that it may drive headphones. I have actually done this aswell aobut a year ago and found I could make quite a lot of power at a respectable THD. (I compared it to some linear haedphone amps and it beat them in every spec). Im just trying to compile idea's for the next prototype. Thanks for the feedback

CLD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.