First time Class D-IYer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thats exactly what i had in mind! exepct for the "Vishay-Roedenstein" caps, what are those? could you please tell me what size caps you used?

I thought about using a Zener String, or some power Zeners, but the amount of power that would have to be dissipated over those Zeners would be increadable (10v at close to 10a), which gives 100watts over a Zener string, which is alot!

alexmoose said:
another question, any theories/ideas as to wat kind of potentiometer I should use? 100k? 10k? I have no clue

I used a 50K Alps pot during the testing phase of my amp5 and it worked fine. I cased my amp5 as a power amp fed by a preamp, so a pot is not required.

I have no idea or theories of what value is best. The 50K Ohm pot is what I have wired up as a test rig to test all the amps during the built phase.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.