Bryston's interpretation of a Bruno Putzeys article

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The best of the tube, SS, and ClassD worlds converge. The one that doesnt put out 1000 watts to do home theatre or triamp is the one I'm going to end up with. As I'm typing this I'm waiting for the rest of my UCD parts to show up.

I love my Pass/Threshold gear. But SS ClassA puts off too much heat to use in a triamp system.

I wish Bruno would do a module based front-end for the UCD modules replacing the opamps with something discrete. But even in stock form the AD versions can hang with anything I can afford.

I doubt I'll buy another full Class-A amp again. Unless someone can further the sliding bias schemes.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
I think that the problem is not easy to switch the engineer's mind from how good make sound in linear class to switching.

They have learned almost all the time to create good sinus signal and it is not easy to switch to how to make a good modulated switching signal.

kartino said:
I think that the problem is not easy to switch the engineer's mind from how good make sound in linear class to switching.

They have learned almost all the time to create good sinus signal and it is not easy to switch to how to make a good modulated switching signal.

I would agree with that. It almost certainly calls for new talents and new thinking into an organization with long and successful history to change directions or branch into new territories.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.