41hz Amp 4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks @lf, I did see that one but was hoping for some additional feedback.

BWRX, I agree that there will be similarities in sound. However many have noted the (substantial) differences between RWA's Sig 30 and the Clari-T. I was wondering if the differences between the Amp 4 and a modded SI T-amp would be similar.

Thanks,
Ed

SIngle ended vs push pull

I have seen some suggest that the amp4 design (and the Tripath chip it uses) is a single ended arrangement, whereas the lower po0wer Tripath designs as used in the amp3 , Crai-T, and sonic Impact amps is push pull.

Anyone know if this is true?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Re: SIngle ended vs push pull

ebag4 said:
Many have noted the (substantial) differences between RWA's Sig 30 and the Clari-T. I was wondering if the differences between the Amp 4 and a modded SI T-amp would be similar.

Remeber that I said "well implemented". Nothing against Vinnie's Calri-T, but it was in essence a nice and pricy recasing of a modified Sonic Impact T-amp. The board was and still is low quality. Vinnie's Signature 30 most likely has a better board which he designed. I too have designed a better board for a Tripath chip and it was a lot better than a reboxed SI.

Henshouse said:
I have seen some suggest that the amp4 design (and the Tripath chip it uses) is a single ended arrangement, whereas the lower po0wer Tripath designs as used in the amp3 , Crai-T, and sonic Impact amps is push pull.

To answer that quesiton all you need to do is look at the datasheet for the chipset used in the amp4. The TK2050 chipset comprises the TC2000 audio processor and TP2050 power stage. It has bridged outputs.

Edit: after visiting the Red Wine Audio site it appears that the Clari-T has been dropped from the product line up. Wonder why that is? ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.