New D-Amp Web Site!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is one on your home page:

" ... These amplifiers kept the same dimensions as the series 1, but with up to 5 times more power and was a success. ..."

Home Page, Suggested Mod: " ... These amplifiers have kept the same size and rack mount dimensions as the original Series 1, but with up to 5 times more power. ..."

:smash:

Hello FastEddy...

Just for you!

Server is OK?? No prob here, maybe a gateway somewhere..

What you mean by (How about technical discreptencies? ... Redundancies?)

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

Attachments

• hvi inside.jpg
    hvi inside.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 942
Hi Fredos, the new web-site looks nice. Changed I would make:

"Experiement the thrue power of Digital Amplification" should read : "Experience the true power for Class-D Amplification".

The problem I have with associating the word digital with Class-D is that there is nothing digital about Class-D amplification. You put analog in, and you get analog out, with no ADC or DAC stages inbetween. PWM and digital are two different things. There may be digital aspects to how the PWM signal is generated, but the amplification itself I don't beleive to be a digital process.

I would also change every place the word "Serie" is used on the product page to "Series". I just skimmed through the Sales and Support page, there is wording in bracets that reads: "based on the principle of PWM modulation". This would be an inproper use of the PWM acronym, and should be changed to "based on the principle of PWM" or "based on the principle of pulse width modulation".

I hope this helps with your web-site, and I must add that your 12,000 Watt amp in a 1U chassis is crazy! You must have some powerful fans in there, because even at 97% efficiency, 12000 Watts will still generate 360 Watts of heat at full output....The things I would do with 12000 Watts... ;)

Hello DcibeL

Dont forget that music is about 30% duty cycle of full power...Reduce your 360W by this and you got 110 Watts of heat...:) Add on this the lose in some IC, specialy the gate drivers and some linear regulator and you will get worst case 120 watts of heat for 2 channel...At full music power...And I can told you that for as now, nobody use it even near clipping...Thanks to BSS and DBX drive rack! Even in big rave, amplifier still cold after 12 hours of work!

Thanks for the hint on web page, please send me a mail!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

Corrections

I have made a few suggested modifications. Suggestions are in bold.

Home page - First Page right column
HVI SIRIE
That's the high end of the D-Amp amplifier series.
Change to:
This is the high end of the D-Amp amplifier series.

DLS SIRIE
The DLS series was the entry level serie. The extreme light weight (6 Pound) and the effiency of over 92% make award to this series. From 800 to 3000 watts, with integrated crossover and a easy to configure input, the DLS is the right choice for all application.
Change to:
The DLS series is the entry level series. The extremely light 6 Pound weight and with an effiency of over 92% make award to this series. From 800 to 3000 watts, with integrated crossover and an easy to configure input, the DLS is the right choice for all applications.

I don't understand what you mean by "award" in the above paragraph.

COMMERCIAL SIRIE
With up to 1200 watts of power, this 70V line series will fullfill all your need. Even if you need multi channel, this series give you 92% effiency, so no worry about thermal issue. Designed specialy for ''arena'', shopping center, outdore sport court and big outdor area, this amplifier will give you satisfaction
Change to:
With up to 1200 watts of power, this 70V line series will fullfill all your needs. Even if you need multiple channels, this series givesyou 92% effiency, so there is no worry about thermal issues. Designed specialy for ''arena'', shopping centers, outdoor sport courts and big outdoor areas, this amplifier will satisfy you.

D-Amp VISION
2nd Sentence
Although being 4 to 10 times smaller and lighter than the competition, D-Amp amplifiers have been constantly increasing reliability and power surpassing the competition in audio quality.
Change to:
Although being 4 to 10 times smaller and lighter than the competition, D-Amp amplifiers have been constantly increased reliability and power surpassing the competition in audio quality.

" .... [12,000 Watt amp] ... Even in big rave, amplifier still cold after 12 hours of work! ..."

Amazing ... This is your most significant sales point besides THD v. music power. Lower heat = lower electric power bills = higher settings on air conditioning = longer life of the amp in the rack = good bye to wintertime Quebec, hello Miami Beach !!

:smash:

Hey Fredos,

I just want to echo something that was mentioned earlier; the misnomer on your site of "digital amplification".

Your home page statement "WELCOME TO D-AMP DIGITAL AMPLIFICATION" is misleading and should read "WELCOME TO D-AMP CLASS-D AMPLIFICATION"; or something similar.

I only bring this up because of past instances of other companies using this same type of misleading statement to get potential customers interested in their product. These companies tend to lose a lot of respect from people fed up with this type of marketing tactic.

I don't know if the statement on your site is just a translation error or if it is purposely meant to imply that your product is in fact a "digital amplifier". I'm hoping its a simple translation error. I'm not at all accusing you of anything, just giving you a heads-up so people take your site and product more seriously.

And whats this about a module for DIYers?:D

Digital Amplification was the registred name 8 years ago..Before polemic about this...I have to keep it! DIY module are already built, just wait to finalize some legal paper due to cancelation in a OEM order...Maybe in 1-2 weeks! This will be the same module used in the DLS MultiChannel 6X 170W...Module will be bare module without clock and current protection, this parts is on the mainboard with switching PSU. Expect a price of 60$ USD each. Just need a +/-45V PSU and a 0-15V 250Khz square wave signal. Can can maybe use it in UCD way with small modification, but performance will may suffer due to unpredictive oscilation frequency...Anyways I think that near everybody will be able to tune-it to work in that way! Propagation from comparator input to PWM output is about 85ns...Add filter delay and I think you will be able to run it near 500Khz+ with proper dead time adjustement!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

We dont have digital spectrum analyser yet...We only have a good old analogue HP with no provision for transfer of plot to computer or printer...I can do it manualy with excel if you whant and when we will have time...D-Amp just moved in bigger shop, so half of the box still packed and order book is full, so we are in intensive production...

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.