New D-Amp Web Site!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
None of the pdf files work.

At the bottom of the pages the "Tous droits réservés" should maybe read "All rights reserved" when browsing the english pages and something equivalent when broesing in spanish.

I already sent you an e-mail asking for prices.

All the best,

Anders Haggblom
Kainos Media
Finland

Like I told again, Digital Amplification is the registred mark 8 years agao, before polemic about class d as not ''digital'' (even with 1 bit convertion??) but analogue in term of analogue input and digital output. The name of the company have been do with this name, so I won't make any change in this... Anyways, Crown, Crest, Peavey do the same, so...Like you know, the name do not give result, that's the products! Thanks to all for comment about the new web page, just put it online because lot of customer whant information about news products and ask why their news products was not yet on the web page...DLS serie was release about a years now and still not on web page...And lot of inquiry about serie one, and lot of time to told customer that was replace by the DLS serie...

I know that not every body agree with the name, but like I told, it was registred 8 years ago! And anyways, for now, that a good marketing!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

fredos said:
Dont forget that music is about 30% duty cycle of full power...Reduce your 360W by this and you got 110 Watts of heat...:) Add on this the lose in some IC, specialy the gate drivers and some linear regulator and you will get worst case 120 watts of heat for 2 channel...At full music power...And I can told you that for as now, nobody use it even near clipping...Thanks to BSS and DBX drive rack! Even in big rave, amplifier still cold after 12 hours of work!
Oh I understand this completely, and I was implying "full output" to be rail to rail continuous sinusoidal output. However I do think that the amplifiers cooling system should be able to remove the amount of heat generated in this scenario, since amplifiers are rated at continuous RMS power, not music power. It looks like one hell of an amp nonetheless; it may be the highest power is a single amp I've seen ever seen. I don't even want to know the DC rail voltages.

fredos said:
We dont have digital spectrum analyser yet...We only have a good old analogue HP
I use a CAD$60,000 digital spectrum analyzer at work. It's just a dream to work with. Jealous?

Ha ha! DcibeL...Yeah I'm jalous! Just need to sell fews more amps to got a 100 000$ one!

Supply rail is 300V with full bridge ground referenced power stage...Peak voltage with music at output is near +/-240V, because modulation factor is .9, for now, only the 18B2400 from TR (www.tr.ca) can support it all night without faillure at near amplifier clipping....

Yes cooling was design to support full power, but after 15 minute, thermal protection reduce power to about 1300 watts RMS, if signal did not cross 0V output. If amplifier go over 82 celcius, power is reduced by 6DB and shut down occure at 90 celcius.

Like I told you, under music program, amplifier temp never reach more than 50 celcius, even with a Crown heater under!

I use 2 bar of aluminium of 1,25"X0,75"X12" with added fine on the side to take the heat from mosfet and 3 16CFM fans to evacuate heat...Make the calcul about aluminium mass and a dissipation surface of 22 square inch with 48CFM total (for each channel) and you will see that even with 360 watts of dissipation at full power, you will need a minimum of 45 minute before to reach 90 celcius in a 25 celcius room...And dont forget that in 1U case, air is forced to pass in the heat sink!

Wish that help you to figure thermal management of the amplifier!

Just to let you know too that the timer for the RMS power detection reset each time that output signal pass to the 0V...What happen at maximum every 15 sec maximum with music signal! So no worry about RMS limiter under a party!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

Thanks DcibeL

Here fews spec for DIY module: 175W RMS into 4 ohms, 100 watts into 8 ohms, +/-45V Power supply required, can go to +/-80V with proper heat sink and 2 components modification, but at user risk, need a 0-15V 250Khz square wave signal and ready to play! Frequency response is DC-25Khz in any load over 2 ohms, distortion under 0.1% in any power under clipping.

Need more info?

Have a nice day!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

dont know if you know this already or not but your website is broken.... no graphics and no links work, they all try to link to local files on my computer which dont exist... for example.. products link at the bottom of the page tries to go to file://///web-server/wwwroot/products.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.