diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Class D (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/)
-   -   Class D Amp Photo Gallery (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/87913-class-d-amp-photo-gallery.html)

BWRX 8th October 2006 03:52 PM

Class D Amp Photo Gallery

There are plenty of cool pictures in the photo gallery threads posted in the other forums, so it only seems right that there be such a place to post your amp photos in the class d forum as well.

It doesn't matter whether you've got a prototype working on the breadboard, an amp jerry rigged on the table, or an electronic masterpiece in a case; post your stuff here for everyone to check out. It's a good way to share ideas and may even give someone a little bit of inspiration to tackle that project they've been wanting to do :)

BWRX 8th October 2006 03:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This was my attempt at an amp based on the Tripath TA2021B. I called it the Ref-T for it's over the top implementation of the Tripath chip.

BWRX 8th October 2006 04:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the first version of my D10.1 modules based on the MP7720 chip.

BWRX 8th October 2006 04:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And here's the second version of the D10.1 modules. I really like how these little guys sound :)

VT67 8th October 2006 04:16 PM

Well, they sure look good. Nice work! :cool:

Regards

novec 8th October 2006 08:26 PM

On the way

2 Attachment(s)
I'll join the gallery too, although I don't have anything yet... This is a four channel NewClassD amp to be driven with an active crossover. It's got 1300VA toroids and separate cap banks for each amp, 15000 uF Jensen 4-pole for the mid/high, and 2x 15000 uF for lows. I'll make the case out of 10 mm aluminium, with 3 mm top and bottom. Haven't desided on front design yet.

With a little luck, I'll have it done by Christmas ;)

lucpes 8th October 2006 10:16 PM

Re: On the way

Quote:

Originally posted by novec
This is a four channel NewClassD amp to be driven with an active crossover. It's got 1300VA toroids and separate cap banks for each amp, 15000 uF Jensen 4-pole for the mid/high, and 2x 15000 uF for lows. I'll make the case out of 10 mm aluminium, with 3 mm top and bottom. Haven't desided on front design yet.

What I'd to is turn the supply boards around, it's better to have longer wires to the trafos and shorter to the modules. Also, I wonder if crossover between channels would reduce if you use one trafo per mid/high & bass modules (one channel).

novec 8th October 2006 11:28 PM

I know what you mean, but after a lot of thought, I've found this to be the most practical design. This way, I also keep everything AC on one side of the middle divider, shielded from the caps and amp. Also, the wires from the PSU to caps wil be heavy gauge, and only 80-90 mm long. From caps to amp, which is more important, they'll only be 10-20 mm.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the trafos. I'm running one trafo per channel now, meaning two amps per toroid. I see now that I was a bit unclear on that. They're running off the same bridge (running two bridges on the same secondary is no good), but the high amps are decoupled with 1 ohm resistors, so there's minimal interaction between the two. And like I said, each amp has it's own separate capacitor bank.

Feel free to comment my design, I'm no expert at this :)

theAnonymous1 9th October 2006 12:45 AM

Here is my recently reduced AMP1 project. It shed 4 channels and is now just a stereo amp.

Don't laugh at the monster of a switching supply setup with 44,000uf per rail. In my ignorance I made something that actually works. +-28v @ 12A, I think that should be enough current.:D

Front

Back

Inside

novec 9th October 2006 05:36 AM

Nice! Might have reconsidered the power switch, though :)