Class D Amp Photo Gallery

But can do it. Red arrow- connectors GND in AC socket and PCB

Attachments

• 11111.jpeg
    11111.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 730
If you were buying an amplifier like this from Europe the supplier would be duty bound to supply it earthed. You will not damage anything by it not being earthed but you have bypassed one of the key safety measures we have in place (domestically).

Mamocel is correct that up to date electrical systems have RCDs but not all are. There is still risk.

I wouldn't take that risk - bond earth to chassis and ground and ensure continuity with all metal panels within the enclosure.

Yes, on the board connector. This point is your ground.

Connect the earth to chassis with the bolts that secure the socket. You will need to scratch away some paint. With a multimeter check all metal panels show continuity - you may need to sand some paint away where the panels butt up to each other to achieve this.

Signal ground must go to chassis for shielding.

Ps. I think you should do your own research or have someone competent do it rather than take strangers instructions if you are unsure.

Last edited:
Yes, on the board connector. This point is your ground.

Connect the earth to chassis with the bolts that secure the socket. You will need to scratch away some paint. With a multimeter check all metal panels show continuity - you may need to sand some paint away where the panels butt up to each other to achieve this.

Signal ground must go to chassis for shielding.

Ps. I think you should do your own research or have someone competent do it rather than take strangers instructions if you are unsure.

I bought it already assembled to avoid problems, unfortunately the latter are always there :)