Class D Amp Photo Gallery

PCB is made in Eagle, while the renderings are made in Eagle3D with custom scripts and parts.

Finally, the PCBs arrived - working like expected. Just need to get some longer bolts and a different pot. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5269.JPG
    IMG_5269.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 6,552
  • IMG_5271.JPG
    IMG_5271.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 6,502
  • IMG_5257.JPG
    IMG_5257.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 3,795
Hmm, like expected? :D

To me, it does not sound, it just amplifies. No noise, no artefacts.

So, to answer your question, i'd say it does a "clean sound". It might "sound" a bit different, when using a reconstruction filter at the output, but this amp runs in a filterless configuration with variable frequency.

(No "voodoo" input coupling caps or other overpriced audiophile parts - just high quality)

Last edited:
To me, it does not sound, it just amplifies. No noise, no artefacts.

So, to answer your question, i'd say it does a "clean sound". It might "sound" a bit different, when using a reconstruction filter at the output, but this amp runs in a filterless configuration with variable frequency.

(No "voodoo" input coupling caps or other overpriced audiophile parts - just high quality)

well that "sounds" good!

CDA-254L

It looks ugly but sounds great! I'll eventually put this in a proper case, but I wanted to hear how it sounds. Other amps I have are a B&O 50ASX2 module, and a Lepai 2020A+ in addition to the Yamaha and Onkyo receivers I've owned.

When I first played with the 50ASX2 module the other day I was blown away by how good it sounded. Just super tight reproduction. This sounds every bit as good, but with a warmer middle and much more power before it distorts.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi ALL:

I built these two units over the summer/fall..The Pre-amp is a PGA2320 with a nice touch screen LCD from 4D systems.I also added Capacitive touch capability on the front panel,The brass rods connect to a sparkfun capacitive touch breakout board.

The Power Amp is a Sure 250 W Class D, Unit has a larger 4.3 Display (4D systems)
Both units are being used as development system for future projects.An arduino UNO is in each chassis to handle the system operations.

Regards
Bob C.

Attachments

• sureamp 237.jpg
    sureamp 237.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 433
  • sureamp 215.jpg
    sureamp 215.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 401
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 388