Class D Amp Photo Gallery

TPA3128D2 Mini Stereo Amplifier.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I heard so much good of those tiny no name class d amps from Alibaba Express, so I decided to give them a try.

I'm totally blown away with the excellent sound produced by this 16 dollar gadget!

There's a clean attack in the low registers, a very smooth treble and the midrange is very detailed and pleasing to the ear.

I know that amps can be very hard to distinguish from each other, but, to my ears anyway, this one certainly sticks it's nose out.

Are they still sticking their nose out or have You found something even better? Where did you get these from? Couldn´t the answer on the question asked to you.

Here's another (rather quirky) DIY audio device: not just a Class D amp, but the whole shebang: RasPi audio server (+ DAC), Class D amp, built-in hard disk, IR remote, plus the usual stuff (Rune Audio distro, control via mobile phone/tablet, etc.).

I like old tape decks, and when I got this one (beyond repair) for free, I decided I would "modernize" it :)

It took a while, but in the end, I quite like it. It has working VU meters :)

Attachments

• TDeck.jpg
    TDeck.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 738
@den_hr - that looks great! Any chance you snapped some pics of the inside?

Hmm, I have a few... see attachments.

The main problem wasn't the electronics (RasPi and Class D amps aren't a problem, I've made dozens of those in various square and round enclosures). The main problem was deciding how to solve the mechanics :) - i.e. how to retain the original look of the tape deck, and even assign new functions to the existing buttons. Also, I had to make some new brackets for e.g. hard disk and the RasPi+amp combo. The wiring is a nightmare :)

Anyway, the innards are a mess - I'll probably do some tidying up later... but there's really not much I can do, except tie together those wires that can be tied together (not many...).
In short, no hissing, no buzzing, no interference, no RF noise... I'm happy :)

I might add a Bluetooth module in the next version....

Attachments

• DSCF3033.JPG
    DSCF3033.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 695
  • DSCF3029.JPG
    DSCF3029.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 660
  • DSCF3022.JPG
    DSCF3022.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 722
  • DSCF3018.JPG
    DSCF3018.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 832
  • DSCF3027.JPG
    DSCF3027.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 917
Five years ago I started a project to build a 3 channel power amplifier for my home theater and music setup. Yesterday, I finished it. Since starting the project I have blown 3 SMPS power supplies and four amp modules. I also retrieved the case and parts from the garbage bin twice. The most recent was a few weeks ago after blowing another SMPS and amp module. I learnt a lot from each experience and my pocket felt it too.

I decided to change the project to a 2 channel amp and build a mono for the centre channel later on. I ordered a CDA-250 kit from ClassDaudio.com and it arrived last week. When installing the kit I found that a couple of my speaker outputs were short circuiting. I wonder how much this played a role in my previous failed attempts! The CDA-250 is now up and running and sounds fantastic.

I designed my own case with a custom "zanlation audio" front and back panels. Its even got my own logo on the front and model number on the back. The bottom of the case is full of holes from previous modules and luckly, CDA-250 kit just fit. If anyone has a good method for working out how to mark the holes for drilling from the modules I would really welcome it. The worse part of the build was drilling the holes so I could screw the modules on.. exactly!

My next job is to install a power switch. I am using a remote control power board and logitech remote to turn it on/off. Next, I'll move onto a mono block.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• classdamp_front.jpg
    classdamp_front.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 969
  • classdamp_open.jpg
    classdamp_open.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 1,477
My small mixed pre- and post feedback self oscillating class-D ... called Green Nature:D

Based on OP275, LM5104 and IRFS5615.
Running +-28Vdc giving some 50W in 8 ohm.
Tried it on +-40Vdc, but it became too hot, so no go.
Built into an old DVD.
PCB is 50x50 mm ;)
I'm using it for my PC. No noise, good bass and all together clear sound :)

Attachments

• GreenNature004.JPG
    GreenNature004.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 530
  • GreenNature003.JPG
    GreenNature003.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,006
  • GreenNature002.JPG
    GreenNature002.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,418
  • IMG_4612.jpg
    IMG_4612.jpg
    1,003 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_4608.jpg
    IMG_4608.jpg
    777 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:
My first flirt with class D, a cheap TDA7498 from ebay.
I'm powering it with a 24v 2A psu and it sounds great on low levels. I'll be looking for a more powerfull psu to unleach it's full potential.
I liked it so much that I put it in a 0905 chassis even though I'm not planning to use it for anything. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20171027_194351.jpg
    IMG_20171027_194351.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_20171028_121040.jpg
    IMG_20171028_121040.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_20171028_113022.jpg
    IMG_20171028_113022.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 833
My small mixed pre- and post feedback self oscillating class-D ... called Green Nature:D

Based on OP275, LM5104 and IRFS5615.
Running +-28Vdc giving some 50W in 8 ohm.
Tried it on +-40Vdc, but it became too hot, so no go.
Built into an old DVD.
PCB is 50x50 mm ;)
I'm using it for my PC. No noise, good bass and all together clear sound :)
Nice, that is small, cheap PCBs. I like the style of inductors