Class D Amp Photo Gallery

My not finished yet Sure Tk2050 and it's "The eye to hear" case ;).

The nice thing about this assemble is that I made it of parts from my old polyvox 2900. Alps pots, switchs and everthing else but mundorfs and the board.

disco59232350.jpg

disco59232346.jpg

disco59232349.jpg

disco59232348.jpg
That looks like the base of an old Victrola?

Hi all

This is my first post after reading quite a lot of very usefull information when putting together my first couple of amps.

This was my first attempt, a Yuanjing TA2020 modified with 2.2uf 250v Claritycap ESA input caps and cheap fleabay sourced toroids. I replaced the 0.22uf caps behind the inductors as a couple got damaged when I wasn't careful enough removing the original inductors, and I had these wima 0.22uf caps to hand. It is housed in an external light unit along with 4 Sound Reactive RGB LED light strips (60 LEDS in total). I'm very surprised at how good it sounds!

The board;

IMG_0468a.jpg

The housing;

IMG_0326.jpg

It sounded so good I decided to see if buying what seeme to be a better board to start with would give better results so I ordered a Helder MK111. I found an old power supply in an aluminium chassis at a bootfair to house it in.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

Finally the board arrived, even before hooking it up I changed the input caps for some 2.2uf Obbligato Gold Premium+ that I had to hand.

IMG_0463.jpg

And with a lot of luck it fitted perfectly into the enclosure!

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0467a.jpg

The verdict? Its definitely better than the modded Yuanjing, but not by as much as I had hoped. The YJ definitely seems to be louder, although the Helder is more refined. I am using my now old Mission 734's and am still amazed amps so small can produce such a great sound from them.

I have since relented, this was meant to be a 'serious' amp. but I've built in blue sound reactive leds, looks amazing at night!

Now for something more powerful.... :)

So, thanks to all that contribute to this forum, you may not always get direct replies but the advice to be found is invaluable to a beginner like myself.

Hello,

i prefer some faster, highend buffer caps.
So the helder sounds more detailed and has a better punch and stage.
Changed the big one against some Nichicon fine gold and the two smaller ones to Panasonic FC 470µF 35V.
This changes generates the best results for my feeling, more than the decoupling caps.
Just a tip to try...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If you want to build an "bigger" T-Amp i can recommend the Helder TK2050 double Mono amps.
Sounds great!

Regards

Oliver

Now that summer is in full effect here in SoCal, that means a pool party every weekend. Usually my friends and I use a small logitech ipod dock speaker system but we have outgrown that. I decided to build an amp that was small yet powerful enough to power larger speakers. I found this TK2050 amp and got to work. It has a simple 3.5mm jack and volume/on-off switch. I am powering the amp with a 24v 5A power adapter. Below is the result.
J8ayb.jpg

pzL5E.jpg

5rHJP.jpg

bzGjW.jpg

Hello,

i prefer some faster, highend buffer caps.
So the helder sounds more detailed and has a better punch and stage.
Changed the big one against some Nichicon fine gold and the two smaller ones to Panasonic FC 470µF 35V.
This changes generates the best results for my feeling, more than the decoupling caps.
Just a tip to try...

If you want to build an "bigger" T-Amp i can recommend the Helder TK2050 double Mono amps.
Sounds great!

Regards

Oliver
Looks great. Which 'source selector' board did you use in your integrated amp? Link?

It's the PGA2311 kit from jims_audio (ebay.com).
This is a kit as lead type version (not the cheap SMD type) and you can do some upgrades (better caps for example).
Jim knows al lot about his kits and offers a good and fast customer service (highly recommended).
I thought it looked somewhat familiar. I have a similar one based on the same PGA2311 chip. Works as expected once I figured out what its limits are. I've got a good vendor I've been buying from in China, along1986090. I've bought a lot of enclosures, modules, boards and other parts from him for several months now and am very happy with the service I've received. Aside from the high shipping costs on some items, I've found him fair, friendly and almost always responds to my emails. He also has a broad range of amps, DACs and other goodies. :)

One other question... where did you get that enclosure? That is very classy looking and includes a nice cutout for the PGA2311 display.

Last edited:
I know along and i bought some parts from him, but he mostly sells consumer items,
not so specialized like jim. Service of along is also good and fast...

The enclosure is from modushop.biz

But the front of the enclosure was designed by me and edited by a milling.
I did some other amps like this one... gives a personal touch (Lange is my last name) ;)

I like amps with a personal touch and not so usually... as the following TA2021 in a acrylic enclosure.

This is, why i like this thread so much! There are so crazy projects and great works... wonderful!

Attachments

• TK2050 (5).jpg
    TK2050 (5).jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 277
  • PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
I know along and i bought some parts from him, but he mostly sells consumer items,
not so specialized like jim. Service of along is also good and fast...

The enclosure is from modushop.biz

But the front of the enclosure was designed by me and edited by a milling.
I did some other amps like this one... gives a personal touch (Lange is my last name) ;)

I like amps with a personal touch and not so usually... as the following TA2021 in a acrylic enclosure.

This is, why i like this thread so much! There are so crazy projects and great works... wonderful!

Good looking amps!