Class D Amp Photo Gallery

Thats a great looking amp!
Can you tell us a bit more about the Display on the front? I got really interested and kinda want that on my upcoming build=)
Do you have any build log for the whole amp project?

Thank you! You can find the display here EVOR04: Color LCD touchscreen VU meter / Oscilloscope / Real time analyzer ... | eBay

It's a great display and can do more than just being a VU meter. The only thing is the display is slightly smaller than advertised.

Unfortunately, I did not do a build log. I just took pictures here and there. The sound is great! I have heard a lot of commercial class d amps and I have to say that this is the best sounding one I have heard. I also have a FO M amp which is a class AB and I have to say that this amp is on par with it.

Last edited:
XMC-1

Hello, here is my six channel amp based on three ClassDAudio CDA-258 modules.

Wow , drooling here , Emotiva XMC-1 ! still stuck with UMC-1 , but no complains here, pretty happy with it for the time being .Do you like it ?
Nice build ! Couple of questions , Why did you not go fully balanced as the XMC-1 has those outputs and your amps have those inputs .
what's with the 6 transformers supplying 3 stereo amps ? How did you come up with that and how did you wire it ?
Looked at the website ClassDAudio , they claim "Mosfet DC protection on CDA-258 modules" can't find any information on this statement on their website or documents .Can you ?

Cheers ,

Rens

Hello Rens and thank you! I love the XMC-1. It's much better than the previous home theater preamp I had (Rotel). In my opinion, this preamp was designed for people who also enjoy listening to music. I have not even used the Dirac live DSP yet.

I did not use the balanced input because the price difference per module between the balanced vs SE modules was roughly $100 and the owner of ClassDAudio informed me that the sound quality would not be much of a difference. The six "transformers" you see are actually chokes. I have configured each PSU as CLC. The three transformers are housed in the rectangular aluminum housing.

My Anaview AMS0100 monoblock. One of a pair. Sit behind each loudspeaker.
Ignoring the baseplate, only 2 (to be replaced with black) screws on show.
Hammond 1550EBK black textured pre-finish case is a tight fit. Had I mounted the board in the box rather than in the base/lid then separation of the halves would be easier but screw heads would be visible. For those who wish to know, I can confirm that the +/-25v supply is available (for future hanger module) - only the fuse and connector are not populated.
Attached also is the disable/enable circuit.

Attachments

• DSCF2519.jpg
    DSCF2519.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 1,061
  • DSCF2520.JPG
    DSCF2520.JPG
    516.3 KB · Views: 1,245
  • DSCF2522.JPG
    DSCF2522.JPG
    329 KB · Views: 1,102
  • AMS0100 Disable.jpg
    AMS0100 Disable.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 895
Quote myself ? strange behavior classDaudio

Wow , drooling here , Emotiva XMC-1 ! still stuck with UMC-1 , but no complains here, pretty happy with it for the time being .Do you like it ?
Nice build ! Couple of questions , Why did you not go fully balanced as the XMC-1 has those outputs and your amps have those inputs .
what's with the 6 transformers supplying 3 stereo amps ? How did you come up with that and how did you wire it ?
Looked at the website ClassDAudio , they claim "Mosfet DC protection on CDA-258 modules" can't find any information on this statement on their website or documents .Can you ?

Cheers ,

Rens

I visited classDaudio a couple of times last week and today and asked one simple question " what about the Mosfet DC protection on your CDA-258 modules as advertised on your webesite " my questions are marked as spam and I am marked as a spammer :eek: Maybe someone else can ask the same question and find the answer ? I'm realy interested if they are the first implementing this technology in a commercial design .

Thanks , and cheers ,

Rens

Hello

I visited classDaudio a couple of times last week and today and asked one simple question " what about the Mosfet DC protection on your CDA-258 modules as advertised on your webesite " my questions are marked as spam and I am marked as a spammer :eek: Maybe someone else can ask the same question and find the answer ? I'm realy interested if they are the first implementing this technology in a commercial design .

Thanks , and cheers ,

Rens

Hello Rens,

I'm sad to hear you were treated that way. Tom has always been friendly and helpful to me. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I went on their site and could not find anything about mosfet DC protection. It appears the modules I bought have been changed to CDA-500. I will probably have a closer look at them the next time I take the lid off. I do know that I have not heard any thumps, pops, or clicks during power on or off situations. Perhaps this is due to the XMC-1. I'm going to finish Doctormod's TPA3255 amp and compare the two. I just need to master the darn SMD soldering.

Bao

Thanks , and cheers ,

Rens

I might be wrong, but by the look at the DDA 265 layout, and the specification, I would venture to guess it is a permutation of IRAUDAMP7, based on IRS2092. So look for the IRF dokumentation of that, to see how they have implemented the DC protection.

I might be wrong, but by the look at the DDA 265 layout, and the specification, I would venture to guess it is a permutation of IRAUDAMP7, based on IRS2092. So look for the IRF dokumentation of that, to see how they have implemented the DC protection.

Thanks Baldin .

I was aware of the "carbon copy" look of the IRAUDAMP7 design , but their website states "Mosfet DC protection" and that's not in the original design .The original DC protection just disables PWM in the IRS2092 , but that won't help much if one or both output fets are fried ! I asked a specific question about their mosfet DC protection , and the answer was " All our amplifiers have DC protection" so that's clear no Mosfet relay here , just original design , so no real DC protection .
Feel free ClassDaudio to correct me if I am wrong :)

Cheers ,

Rens

We gutted a Elan 16 channel amp, and we are using IcePower 50wpc, and 100wpc amp modules for the new amp. The only thing used from the Elan is the faceplate, and basic chassis minus the rear panel and we cut out the bottom of the donor chassis to insert a perforated bottom panel.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

We gutted a Elan 16 channel amp, and we are using IcePower 50wpc, and 100wpc amp modules for the new amp. The only thing used from the Elan is the faceplate, and basic chassis minus the rear panel and we cut out the bottom of the donor chassis to insert a perforated bottom panel.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

My effort to build a solid Hypex multi-channel Amplifier.
Using 3 x SMPS1200 PSU's - should be adequate!

Installing a lot of heat sinks to keep everything cool.

Will update as I go along. Suggestions will be welcome!

The space between the heatsink fins for the amplifier modules are very narrow. Without a fan, there will no be much cooling. Otherwiser nice looking amp