Class D Amp Photo Gallery

Account Closed
Joined 2010
@Hurtig someone will report your commercial post out of envy for placing it in the diy section.As I can't envy any class d audio kit it won't be me :) . Besides..why do you show a photo of a 3d rendered circuit instead of the real circuit? It looks like a crowdfunding project...This forum might be the best place for crowdfunding diyaudio FOR THE RIGHT PRICE, but again , you're in the wrong section by forum's rules.
The main difference between class A serious amps and class d amps today is reliability ...With all its proposterous prices and lower efficiency, current class A designs are more resilient in time due to design simplicity and the ability to be easily serviced by the user himself without holding an EE diploma.
Then there's a psychological aspect that makes class d smps more vulnerable.Due to the technological bias they associate naturally with a sync'd smps and high power sync'd smps life is at least 30 years shorter than a proper transformer bridge and filtering x
capacitors working with mains sinus voltage.

Last edited:
@Hurtig someone will report your commercial post out of envy for placing it in the diy section.As I can't envy any class d audio kit it won't be me :) . Besides..why do you show a photo of a 3d rendered circuit instead of the real circuit? It looks like a crowdfunding project...This forum might be the best place for crowdfunding diyaudio FOR THE RIGHT PRICE, but again , you're in the wrong section by forum's rules.
The main difference between class A serious amps and class d amps today is reliability ...With all its proposterous prices and lower efficiency, current class A designs are more resilient in time due to design simplicity and the ability to be easily serviced by the user himself without holding an EE diploma.
Then there's a psychological aspect that makes class d smps more vulnerable.Due to the technological bias they associate naturally with a sync'd smps and high power sync'd smps life is at least 30 years shorter than a proper transformer bridge and filtering x
capacitors working with mains sinus voltage.

It looks like you are one of these special users, that is always willing to go the extra mile, just to ruin things for others 👍

If it makes you feel better, I will post a real picture when I am back home in 2023.
But please let us all know... If you really hate class-D that much, why are you wasting your time in a class-D forum??

Where do you post your positive ideas??

Reactions: 1 user
You are not in the right place... go post somewhere else... Sorry ! DIY section....:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Stop thinking you're the kings of class D.....

(n)(n)(n)

Well... I was encouraged in this DIY section to make the project accessible for others. Clearly it was a mistake.

Thanks to "mamocel"... You are a true friend of the DIY community.

I am no king of class-D... So I am looking forward to see your class-D design 👍.
Our class-D is based on a dual loop design, with a fully differential 5th order modulator. How is your design??

Account Closed
Joined 2010
@Hurtig
I think you overreact and that's not good once you break forum's rules.There's always a "good guy's finger" very close to the Report button here...
I only hate high pricetags for products that should be sold for a good beer can's price... and I did make the same argument about famous class A amps which got me in trouble here from time to time...I won't say why, but you get it, don't you? You look like a smart guy to me so don't dissapoint us.
Years ago I bought some Lenovo laptops and at least one of them made in 2012 had a headphones output I used for 5 years with proffessional studio grade headphones .It was class d, I think it sounded very well for a 4mm square , 0.5 $ class D chip , but one channel died...and I never considered the effort of opening the whole damn laptop to change it...I bought another Lenovo laptop...

I reassure you....
I have no proprietary design...
I'm just assembling little low cost things...without abusive marketing....Without cravats and shareholders who grease their paws...
...Do-it-yourself....so as not to ruin yourself and share...

I don't stake my life and my salary on it....;)

Reactions: 1 users
Account Closed
Joined 2010
What he essentially sais is that if certain class A brands sell 4000$ end user real value products for 40 000$ , a 40 $ end consummer real value manufacturing product should sell for 4000$ , thus we are favoured to buy them for 400 $ just because this is the real world we're living in...Well...you're offered almost the same confort in a 100$ /night box hotel in Tokyo, as in a 1$ /night indian hostel except the japanese should offer claustrofobia managing lessons, while the others should offer clean sheets...

D

Deleted member 148505

Attachments

• AA63DBDC-EB7C-49A7-A5D7-546CB6D3381E.jpeg
    AA63DBDC-EB7C-49A7-A5D7-546CB6D3381E.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 363
  • 593ADBA7-D3AB-47D1-B36C-5CB18A2B724E.jpeg
    593ADBA7-D3AB-47D1-B36C-5CB18A2B724E.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 367
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 148505

The class-d module is the blue module at the right side of the chassis. The fan is placed at the green smps.. So no, it's not 'class D with a fan' 😜😜😜.

I told the owner that he needs to connect the fan at the "speaker protect with fan control" module so that the fan will only be triggered at high power output. You may or may not need a fan depending on your use case.

Reactions: 2 users
@Kjeldsen
:) I remember seeing the TacT Millennium in HiFi Klubben at Åboulevarden - possibly around 2003-6. It was located in the large corner room on the top floor. I believe that a pair of B&W 802D speakers were attached to the amplifier. There was also a pair of B&W Nautilus speakers in the room. Someone had made a fairly large dent in one of the Nautilus speakers' cones.

Last edited:
Hi.
I finally finished my connected amp... Wifi only for the moment...
I had to find another box, but it was worth it!
Everything works perfectly, the MA5332MS amp has power to spare!
A little too much for my secondary system ... The sound is excellent quality!
No breath. (y) (y)(y)

amp2.jpg
amp 1.jpg
amp 3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users