Class D Amp Photo Gallery

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Dry fit for pending 6-channel amp… Just might work in the Galaxy 2U 330x230. :smash:

Attachments

• 7B0CF0D9-698C-451D-AF3C-C206F8F14ABB.jpeg
    7B0CF0D9-698C-451D-AF3C-C206F8F14ABB.jpeg
    618.9 KB · Views: 434
Reactions: 2 users
Nice build, but a bit counter intuitive to first buy the lowest distortion amps available, and then add a preamp with a distortion of probably 0,5-1% .... ;)
Thanks :) As is in my book to buy an amp that has distorsion and add more distorsion to it. This way distorsion is mostly 2nd harmonics, and you can tweak it to your preference. To me, with such a low distorsion, it only comes as an advantage as tube amp with drastically improved dinamics and damping 😁 Clean canvas to "color" as i see fit. In the end, i can turn it off when i feel to, the joys of diy :)

Reactions: 2 users
What happened to this amp project?

These projects are still active. However, it didn't seem like the interest was that great. Looks like this section is more focused on building cheap chinese amplifier-modules into old amplifier chassis.

We focus on high end class-D, comparable to the best on the marked. Our propriotary Class-D amplifier circuit have similar or better specs than the marked leaders. But we also have a strong focus on the sonic performace. That is why we have equipped most of our amplifier moduls (except the small 1 channel version) with a discrete non-feedback class-A input buffer (where others use a op-amp). And still we have similar specs :). We offer a flat phase-response in the entire audio range, which we have not seens from any other class-D amplifier.

Anyway, if you are interested in the projects, send a private message.

We have a lot of finished class-D project, so if the interest is here, please let us know.

In general all of our modules share the same basic specifications:
  • Output RMS power 200watt@8ohm and 400watt@4ohm pr channel. (depends on power supply voltage)
  • THD below 0.001%
  • Output noise < 25uV
  • Output impedans < 1milliohm in the entire audio range.
  • Short circuit protection.
  • Thermal protection.
  • HF protection.

## Our 1 channel amplifier module. PCB size is 50x80mm.
1672125816565.png

## Our 2 channel amplifier with onboard class-A non-feedback input buffer and 14.000uF de-coupling capacity.
1672125768556.png

## Our 2 channel amplifier with onboard class-A non-feedback input buffer and approx 100.000uF ULTRA LOW ESR capacity. This board need 2x40VAC (main transformer) and 2x15VAC (AUX transformer) to run, since rectification is onboard. This is our best module.
1672125867095.png

## Simple implementation of our 2 channel module.
1672126666442.png

Reactions: 7 users
These projects are still active. However, it didn't seem like the interest was that great. Looks like this section is more focused on building cheap chinese amplifier-modules into old amplifier chassis.

We focus on high end class-D, comparable to the best on the marked. Our propriotary Class-D amplifier circuit have similar or better specs than the marked leaders. But we also have a strong focus on the sonic performace. That is why we have equipped most of our amplifier moduls (except the small 1 channel version) with a discrete non-feedback class-A input buffer (where others use a op-amp). And still we have similar specs :). We offer a flat phase-response in the entire audio range, which we have not seens from any other class-D amplifier.

Anyway, if you are interested in the projects, send a private message.

We have a lot of finished class-D project, so if the interest is here, please let us know.
I see a both cheap and expensive build. Both Pascal, Hypex, Newclassd and purify can be seen. I think the issue is we never see a price and where to buy

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

Here are the combined elements of my holiday DIY.

arylic up2stream mini whith I2S dac PCM5102A.
MMA5332 amp.
I'm going to try to integrate everything in the case of an old aluminum Xiami router...
I have already tested all the elements together.
The i2s dac added on the arylic module and the MA5332 board.
a real killer!
High-end connected amplifier!
Total silence between change of title, power!!!
For sound settings, equalization, source, I go through the up4stream application.

The hardest part remains to be done...Integration in the case... :eek::smash:

Attachments

• IMG20221227112026.jpg
    IMG20221227112026.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG20221228144931.jpg
    IMG20221228144931.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG20221228150312.jpg
    IMG20221228150312.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: 1 users
Account Closed
Joined 2010
I think the issue is we never see a price and where to buy
The prices are on Hypex or Purify sites.
The "misterrrry" is all about the money, how to sell " our proprietary" cheap as peanuts to manufacture highendish VISUAL ART DESIGN for as much money as can be.
There's simply a technical trick that does for class d amps for decades, even before the class d amp became such low distortion amps as they are today:
SELL MORE CAPACITORS than needed as they do two things in a modern class d amp:
1.make the audio amp look like USS ENTERPRISE starship giving it enough volume and mass for the old time heavy weight big looking amplifier fetishists to accept it a bit easier as they are inclined to pay more for the sheer volume of those things and visual design than anything else...you know...4x4 cars, ferrari crocodile amigdala type of thinking sold to the middle class...
2.actually providing a longer life for the class d amps usually stressing those capacitors a lot more than a conventional clas a/b amp does...the only positive thing in this whole story!
3.making you forget that the true real final consumer price for this type of technology in 2022 should have been below 20 bucks for a stereo kit of 2×300 watts and if they go within 1..2 years , there shouldn't be any problem cause you could buy another one for 20 bucks.
Well the pandemic and the TSMC fires changed the pricetag landscape a bit, and indeed , the turnover for Magnus Carlsen increased from 5 to 50 millions in the last two years with online chess thanks to betting houses need to find suitable replacements for " football industry", but that will change back at some moment after the war...wars and scarcety of a product always make somd guys rich...Are you going to be the one to fill their pocket just for that exclusivity feeling?
Truth is that all highendish class d ONE MAN companies are not licencing all their proprietary technology so that they can still enjoy fame as highly sought after designers, being invited to all sorts of shows to keep the BS alive...they're "still not there" for 20 years now , but they don't take cost down courses...they are too expensive :)
If tomorrow Purify or Hypex would licence all their technology to Texas Instruments or Mitsubishi or Hitachi or anyone alike, I'd bet 1 billion dollars ( if i had it of course )against anyone on this planet , that their 2× 300 $ dual mono kits would drop below 20 bucks within 1 year from now for an anonymous stereo kit having same quality as the uber expensive kits of today cause this is what those companies are best known for the last 40 years or so: dropping prices and delivering high quality in a small package for cheap by the millions of sold units. All these diy reviews and experience stories would move on Amazon, but

that's what we hate the most :
getting annonymous users of a widely used cheap technology !

30 years ago if you had an Iphone or an Intel 386 computer you were somebody....you know what I mean.
I will not buy any highend class d amp until its price drops to its real manufacturing value .
If I want big highenfish things I make tube amplifiers driving high spl speakers...
Just think of the stupidity of adding a tube in front of a 0.00001% thd amplifier...
That tells everything about the true value of this technology to our ears.
0.00001% thd is good for rocket missiles guiding or mixing audio mastering engineers at Abey studios ...for your small 4x5 m room house you need 20 bucks amplifiers with dsp room correction.
Do you wanna feel rich?
Make money telling others how cool your selling products are , buy a palace then I bet you'll fill it with the biggest class A ultralow efficiency tube setup to impress your friends, familly or clients.
There's no mistery, you only need to start thinking with your own head.This technology is manufactured for less than 5 bucks worth of components per stereo kit, litteraly! Do you wanna pay 900 bucks for a stereo kit plus a cheap smps made in China for pennies with the cheapest capacitors on the planet? Think again cause there are litterally less than 10 SMART people running all this highendish bussiness :
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/2-x-hypex-smps1200-dead-following-power-cut.374965/

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 users