Texas Instruments TAS5261

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pinkmouse said:
How about we start at ground level, a basic mono output module with a simple PWM input circuit, then once we have something up and running then we can discuss how to improve it, but if all you want is a sub amp, say, the basic circuit will do the job. Once we have that up and running collectively in front of us, then we can measure, listen and adapt for best performance to come up with a better implementation.

Hi everybody,

I am too working on same 5261 and not able to decide the pwm generator for the same.

I think TPA3122 from TI might be a soultion for front end since it has analog input and pwm out. Can the outs of TPA3122 can be directly fed to 5261 ommiting the inductors.

Please comment

Finally finished a complete amp using TPA3122 & TAS 5261

The amp sounds very well at low audio inputs but there is a strong clipping when the input to 3122 is increased.

Since I do not have acess to an oscilloscope, I am inable to find out the problem.

Can anybody suggest. I am using a Pioneer 12" 4Ohm dual coil subwoofer. Power supply is 40VDC.

is this project still alive or what? any still working moduls?

I have replaced TPA3122 with TAS 5010 and PCM 1808 so this project is no more. Please see my another threads

Further, there were severe mistakes in the project(since it was just started out of curiosity) like I have taken supply for 12v from 40v main amp power supply sot there might be some shutdown of the regulator. I negleted some output capacitors too.

Thanks

Last edited:
why did you do that? was something wrong?

Since at beginning, I was not fully aware of the technology so I just experimented, but later when I studied the chips, and did a lot of surfing, I came to know that 5261 needs a dedicated PWM controller. so I switched to TAS 5010. again 5010 accepts serial data to I added a PCM1808 ADC for this.

Actually the TPA 3122 gives 12 volts peak to peak which is much more than the input range of 5261. this was the major reason for the chip faliure. secondly earlier I used a transformer supply which is more prone to transfer the surge voltages to the chip. Then I made a SMPS for this project.

Then I also tried direct analog input chip TAS5630 which even sounds great. I was able to get around 200w/ch from a stereo configured chip PHD version.

However, due to other works and insufficient time, I left working on class D's. But if you are intrested in class d's, I can tell you that hese chips from TI are really great. and not to say, TI is great in helping people like us by providing samples free of cost:)

sorry for finishing this reply too shortly, but I have a lot of work pending.

thanks

I will assume, that nobody apart from BWRX got this amp to play
Even more, nor did BWRX fix 2nd ch.

Is this even a good pcb design for this ic?

Hope this will give you a start.

Attachments

• 5261 bottom with silk.pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 5261 bottom without silk.pdf
    17.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 5261 sch.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 5261 top.pdf
    21.3 KB · Views: 79
  • analog-pwm.pdf
    26.4 KB · Views: 89
  • analog-pwm pcb bottom with silk.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 78
  • analog-pwm pcb bottom without silk.pdf
    21.3 KB · Views: 87
  • analog-pwm pcb top.pdf
    25 KB · Views: 85
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.