How do I parallel T networks?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hmdiy: To whom are you referring? Sander, with a simple cap across each diode in the bridge? Hope not, 'cause I've just ordered the parts to do the exact same thing...

The R+C snubbing issue has been discussed to death in many different threads (which has honestly made it a total chaos, and very difficult to navigate), but I haven't found anything that deals well with 4-pole caps. Any tips, Chris?

Like you say it's been discussed to death and we all know it's grounds for another "thread war", I'd much rather not get into it.

I personally haven't bothered to snub the caps. I did snub the rectifier bridges though, which are two very different things. I came to the conclusion a single R+C across the secondary coil at the bridge was all thats' required after alot of research. Ripple should first be measured and the snubber then designed (search google for snubbers). I didn't have the equipment to measure it so I just went with a best guess and the results were a very noticeable improvement.

One tip I can give you is dont' go throwing every possible boutique cap for snubbing and bypassing in it right from the start. You might be impressed with how little extra is needed.

novec said:
hmdiy: To whom are you referring? Sander, with a simple cap across each diode in the bridge? Hope not, 'cause I've just ordered the parts to do the exact same thing...

The R+C snubbing issue has been discussed to death in many different threads (which has honestly made it a total chaos, and very difficult to navigate), but I haven't found anything that deals well with 4-pole caps. Any tips, Chris?

Oh sorry I'm new so didn't tick the quote instead just paste.

What I referred to is classd4sure's comment about snubbing the bridge with R + C, and how to calculate or find the right value for these two components.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.