Ultra Low Hz below 15 Hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.. Folks..

I am going to make some machine (massage) with class-D amp.

And it needs class-D module which can play between 1 ~ 50 Hz with 200 W rms sine wave output.

I didn't make a detail search. But, I found UM10155 runs from 20 Hz, too high.

I wonder UM10155 cannot play below 20 Hz, or just have much THD.

Any recommendation would be appreciated..

Thanks..

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Wow , this is an interesting application. Very clever.

Years ago I designed some interface circuits for motion control in the theater. Moving scenery and such. We used some very nice controllers made be Citroen, of all people. =)

They output 3 phase variable frequency 220V to run motors. If you don't find class-d modules that meet your needs, you might look in that direction.

Most Class D amps don't care about running down to low frequency. I don't know enough about the UcD to know why it is limited but the other Class D amps I have seen are limited by an input capacitor. I have actually run some Class D down to 10Hz with a ultrasonic carrier frequency of only about 50kHz. Pretty slow but it gives the highest efficiency and less EMI with a slow carrier. The draw back being that most of the audio frequencies have horrible THD. But you won't be worried much about THD and at 50Hz will be fine anyway. Check out something easy to work with like a T-amp from Tripath. I thinking finding something to do the power and at the carrier (clock?) frequency you want will be harder than getting it to run nicely at 1 - 50Hz.

-SL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.