Class D Vs Class I (Balanced Current Amplifier)

Anyway, a first glance, I honestly can’t see nothing on “class-I” patent who could be really patented.

Do you know the story about the egg of Columbus?

Basically every good invention is simple... if somebody have already invented it. You can combine 2 known things, and if the result is an arrangement with unprecedented feature, then it can be patented.

About the topological similitude’s I found in “class-I” / class-AB(linear) the “class-I” has also “bias adjust” to compensate for crossover distortion…?!

Yes, but it can be done without shoot trough current, and you have to adjust only one delay, not two.

Hi,

Is there not still a possible timing error (even if not your typical shoot through causing deadtime) between each switching half?

Pafi odd you mention that, I was watching Discovery last night and I believe I heard something about sliced bread. They said how everyone always say's "greatest thing since sliced bread", but the guy who invented sliced bread didn't invent bread, nor did he invent slicing, just the combination of two existing technologies.

TOINO said:
Hi Workhorse
RAM is robust, but conventional…
It is like this one, http://www.audio-circuit.dk/PDF/Schematic Design_ LYNX_v2-1B.pdf
but with class-G rails.

You call it robust but i have seen some serious drawbacks in that design , such as current limiting is only sensed from only one output device pair not through the every device at output with summed resistors..
RAM a Switched rail Class-H, not a Class-G design....

Also in their BUX7.0 the SMPS is half-Bridge with only one pair of IGBT's which means they cannot drive the full 2 ohm stereo load for extended periods over the showtime.....

regards,
K a n w a r

Hi Workhorse
You are right! It is class-H, not class-G. My keyboard has neighbour G and H letters… sorry.
By robust, I mean on practice; must confess that only know the “insides” of BUX5 model and is a reliable amplifier on the “street” driving sub-woofers.
Could not recommend it for nothing more because I don’t like the sound on Mid-Hi frequencies.
At electronics level, I must agree with you: nothing special… old classic topologies and some simplifications as the ones you refer in protection circuits.

Please stop criticize your own competition. :cuss: It looks like a kind of publicity for your own commercial products…:clown:
Pshiu…! This is of topic and Mr. Moderator will put us on Texas!:xeye:

OK! I agree with you but we must be very rigorous in this kind of criticism
:( Workhorse just forget to point out that the BUX7 has one PSU per channel...
Surely this LITLE additional detail will change the 2 ohm performance?
Surely Workhorse doesn’t deliberately omit the second power supply :rolleyes:
Surely Workhorse is not here declaredly as a concurrent company owner and doesn’t lose a single opportunity of publicity for their own products without make real proof of their quality.:eek:
Surely I will go to Texas or Sin Bin because of all this off topic!..:dead:

TOINO said:
Hi Workhorse

Please stop criticize your own competition. :cuss: It looks like a kind of publicity for your own commercial products…:clown:
Pshiu…! This is of topic and Mr. Moderator will put us on Texas!:xeye:

I am not criticising them , but only pointing out some of the drawbacks in thier designs

classd4sure said:

NNoooo, that's most valuable information for those who'd otherwise be willing to spend all kinds of time reproducing what they think is good based on pure marketing and no real knowledge. Good work, horse.

Yeah, thanks Chris...
TOINO said:
OK! I agree with you but we must be very rigorous in this kind of criticism
:( Workhorse just forget to point out that the BUX7 has one PSU per channel...
Surely this LITLE additional detail will change the 2 ohm performance?
Surely Workhorse doesn’t deliberately omit the second power supply :rolleyes:
Surely Workhorse is not here declaredly as a concurrent company owner and doesn’t lose a single opportunity of publicity for their own products without make real proof of their quality.:eek:
Surely I will go to Texas or Sin Bin because of all this off topic!..:dead:

I think you love RAM audio....:D :D ;)

K a n w a r

Do you know the story about the egg of Columbus?

Basically every good invention is simple... if somebody have already invented it. You can combine 2 known things, and if the result is an arrangement with unprecedented feature, then it can be patented.

Yes, but it can be done without shoot trough current, and you have to adjust only one delay, not two.

I did see these thread I did find these class I amps, I did already look at a buck convertor in past see it with uniform modulation, these introduce crossover and can seen as a class ab amp in switch form.

what she do with a uniform modulation sheme and a normal full bridge is using very small pulses to introduce the bias, it is just injected on the places where switch go from positive to negative and vica versa, also here no need for deadtime stuff.

Uniform modulation is extensive used in power convertors.

regards