New Chip Junk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BWRX said:
Well, if there's a DC-DC converter involved then those specs could certainly be possible. I just took the "powered by 14.4V" statement as the actual rail voltage for the electronics.

Thanks for clearing that up. 27.5W sounds much more reasonable although that's still higher than it would actually be for an unclipped sine wave and a 4 ohm load. That 27.5Wrms figure is probably at 10% distortion.

This is driving a 2 ohm load. Most of our amps drive 2 ohm loads except for our Mark Levinson amps, they drive 8/6 ohm loads and these amps are 16/12/10 channel amps that output 50 Wrms @ .01% THD+N. These have a patiented switch mode power supply to generate the rails.

Re: patented switcher supply ?

FastEddy said:
" ... These have a patiented switch mode power supply to generate the rails. ..."

Curious to see the schematic for this ... or at least a drawing / picture / spec sheet ... Got a link?

:bigeyes:

unfortunatly I can't post a schematic and there really isn't any datasheet or specs on the amps them selves since they are an OEM amp. You can find them in Lexus cars here is a link to the car that has the amp that I am working on:

http://www.marklevinsonlexus.com/overview.asp?model=gs

Cool for Lexus!

... and that looks like a complicated system.

Photonicube: does this (or any other) mobile audio system have any active, powered noise cancelation ... I'm getting older and appreciate less noise in my ride whether from inside or outside = my latest bugaboo is tire noise ... selecting tires with low noise tread, etc.

I recently bought that Bose headset that can plug into cell phone or audio system ... and appreciate their approach ... just wondering if something like that is happening in car audio??

Re: Cool for Lexus!

FastEddy said:
... and that looks like a complicated system.

Photonicube: does this (or any other) mobile audio system have any active, powered noise cancelation ... I'm getting older and appreciate less noise in my ride whether from inside or outside = my latest bugaboo is tire noise ... selecting tires with low noise tread, etc.

I recently bought that Bose headset that can plug into cell phone or audio system ... and appreciate their approach ... just wondering if something like that is happening in car audio??

Yes, it is we actually have it enabled on our Mark Levinson amps / head units. We have the ability to do noise cancelation on our most of our newer JBL and Infinity OEM amps/head units but it is not a cheap option for car manufacturers to buy, so they usually don't and when they do want it they normally buy the ML3-XX.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.