Philips UCD application note

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TOINO said:
Sorry…I can’t help everybody.
Now you know the equipment references. That is the difficult part.

Last night I have found another one with UCD, but have not the schematic.
They call the amplifier module CUD-S400 :devilr: . It is what is marked on pcb.

The output transistors are 2SK3607-01MR
Turn off transistors 2SA1954
Drv BC857CW
Gate diodes BAS316.
Cascodes between comparator and driver 2SC2713
Input BC856BW

Suply regulated SMPS +44V -44V

YAMAHA portable Pa system “STAGEPAS 500”

I find it interesting that a system consumes 65w of power and outputs 500w of power?? how does that work!

I think that the built-in amplifier is actually 2x200Wrms@4 ohms and 2x120Wrms@8 ohms, assuming that the SMPS can handle those power levels continuously (but it probably can't as continuous operation at full power is not required at all with music).

On the other hand, they don't specify the nominal impedance of the loudspeakers, but it may easily be 8 ohms so that an optional second pair can be added... Could you enlighten us about that, Toino?

Anyway, it must be noted that a 2x200W SMPS class D system can easily play music at clipping threshold while drawing only 65W or less. In comparison, a traditional class AB system with stone age :D power supply would be probably drawing 265W and wasting 200W as heat...

Hi!

your Philips FWM730 service manual show this protection circuit:

Attachments

• ucd_disable.png
    ucd_disable.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,818
Philips released its UCD application note.
The UcD concept was patented by Philips. However, the use of the IP is granted (without a license fee) to third parties that use the enabling semiconductor components from Philips Semiconductors in their application.

Where did you get that info? I've googled a lot but nothing came up...
Are you sure the rights are philips property and not hypex property since they hired the inventor?

Where did you get that info? I've googled a lot but nothing came up...
Are you sure the rights are philips property and not hypex property since they hired the inventor?

The quote comes from the Philips app note, dated March 2006, titled "LV MOSFET applications". Philips/NXP hold the rights to the patent, even though it is in Bruno's name. I checked this with NXP over two years ago, specifically because I needed to check the requirements for commercial use of the patent.

The quote comes from the Philips app note, dated March 2006, titled "LV MOSFET applications". Philips/NXP hold the rights to the patent, even though it is in Bruno's name. I checked this with NXP over two years ago, specifically because I needed to check the requirements for commercial use of the patent.

Thanks. I know I did not invent this license agreement myself, but I could not find it back. You're right, it was in that application note. I just didn't save a copy.

Hello, I'm new on this forum.
I projected PCB for an amplifier, and skipped Q3 and Q4.
Will this layout and PCB work?
Sorry, I'm amateur of PCB projecting and some routes are wired.

Btw. I'm not good at English.

Attachments

• layout.png
    layout.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 885
  • PCB.png
    PCB.png
    88 KB · Views: 867
Values of components are the same as on the orginal schematic (except transistors) but his names are diffrent.
Is it a good idea to use 2N5401 for driving mos-fet? (driver -Q6, Q9 on my schematic)

I cant buy orginal parts and I'd use other parts, or make amp on IRS2092, but i don't know which will be better and cheaper.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.