diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Class D (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/)
-   -   Tripath T-AMP FAQ & WIKI (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/85273-tripath-t-amp-faq-wiki.html)

Pano 24th August 2006 12:07 PM

Tripath T-AMP FAQ & WIKI

Here is a link to the Tripath T-AMP WIKI-FAQ.

Tripath FAQ

Please have a look at the FAQ if you are new here and seeking information about Tripath chips, Sonic Impact amps, Super-T, Charlize, AMP3, AMP6, Autocostruire, Fenice, etc.

In the FAQ you will find information mostly about the smaller Tripath based amps, those with the TA2020, TA2024 and TA2021 chips. But we hope to add more information about the larger chips and amps, too.

Questions about bridging, power, output, input caps, some basic mods, power supply, SMPS, inductors, aircore, toroids volume controls and other issue of interest are addressed in the FAQ.

Please read the FAQ before you post, your answer may be there. The WIKI FAQ is a work in progress. If there is something missing, please let us know.

sx881663 27th August 2006 12:26 AM

Long needed!

And a fine job of work it is too! Hope this will cut down on answered questions.
Thanks from all that are tired of repeat questions,
Roger

starn02 2nd May 2007 07:17 AM

Well, I think the list of T-Amps of Autocostruire / Audiodigit (www.audiodigit.com) is quite incomplete :D ....
They have 20W and 100W stereo boards, high current versions (for 2 Ohm loads), versions with Tube preamps, and then 4 channels, 8 channels boards (to avoid having 3 or more little boxes around ...) and even fully assembled amps with metal cases ...
Maybe the list in the FAQ needs a little update!

Bye.

BWRX 2nd May 2007 11:22 AM

It is a Wiki, therefore YOU may update it if you wish to do so. I'm sure lots of info could be added that isn't manufacturer specific. The Wiki isn't for advertising though. If you want to promote your product please inquire about getting a thread in the AVB.

gninnam 13th March 2008 02:51 AM

Tube T 100 & TubePre

How easy would it be to turn these to allow more than the one input?

I like the use of the Tubes and using the Class D chip , could use the TubePre with the Class T100 HCL-m for a nice sound.
If you added TubePre with the Class T100 HCL-m, would you use different power supplies for them?

Newbie so sorry if in wrong place or a dumb question.
:confused:

Nanook 11th June 2008 03:24 AM

No dumb questions....

only ones that are , are the ones not asked. And if in the "wrong place" someone (one of the mods) will most likely move your question :)

justblair 11th June 2008 11:27 AM

Well done,... More Wiki pages are a good idea.

Can I suggest that this page gets split up a bit. Trying to cover all the class D amps mods etc on one page could make it a really long page...

I would reckon that a page per manufacturer would be more easily digested, with links on the page you have created.

And I would also include one on the Sure electronics products. There are a couple of long threads here that could be harvested for content.

Oops its a Wiki... Its better form to contribute yourself before giving anyone else advice..... Looks like I may have just volunteered. Oh well I have just bought 5 sure 2024 amps to play with, when I get back from my holidays I will edit something together.

E007 9th October 2008 03:24 PM

Tripath's class T- chips is nice,

but I have heard Tripath was purchased by Ti. really?

audiosteve 28th October 2008 03:04 PM

The liquidated assets of Tripath, not the company as a going concern, were purchased by Cirrus Logic.

sdman 20th November 2008 03:41 PM

Tripath

Is Tripath still in business after filing Bankrupsy?

Can you still buy their modules?

Sam