Tripath T-AMP FAQ & WIKI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Here is a link to the Tripath T-AMP WIKI-FAQ.

Tripath FAQ NOTE: The wiki is now shut down until there is a software upgrade. Most links to the wiki now return a 404 error.

Please have a look at the FAQ if you are new here and seeking information about Tripath chips, Sonic Impact amps, Super-T, Charlize, AMP3, AMP6, Autocostruire, Fenice, etc.

In the FAQ you will find information mostly about the smaller Tripath based amps, those with the TA2020, TA2024 and TA2021 chips. But we hope to add more information about the larger chips and amps, too.

Questions about bridging, power, output, input caps, some basic mods, power supply, SMPS, inductors, aircore, toroids volume controls and other issue of interest are addressed in the FAQ.

Please read the FAQ before you post, your answer may be there. The WIKI FAQ is a work in progress. If there is something missing, please let us know.

Well, I think the list of T-Amps of Autocostruire / Audiodigit (www.audiodigit.com) is quite incomplete :D ....
They have 20W and 100W stereo boards, high current versions (for 2 Ohm loads), versions with Tube preamps, and then 4 channels, 8 channels boards (to avoid having 3 or more little boxes around ...) and even fully assembled amps with metal cases ...
Maybe the list in the FAQ needs a little update!

Bye.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
It is a Wiki, therefore YOU may update it if you wish to do so. I'm sure lots of info could be added that isn't manufacturer specific. The Wiki isn't for advertising though. If you want to promote your product please inquire about getting a thread in the AVB.

Tube T 100 & TubePre

How easy would it be to turn these to allow more than the one input?

I like the use of the Tubes and using the Class D chip , could use the TubePre with the Class T100 HCL-m for a nice sound.
If you added TubePre with the Class T100 HCL-m, would you use different power supplies for them?

Newbie so sorry if in wrong place or a dumb question.
:confused:

Well done,... More Wiki pages are a good idea.

Can I suggest that this page gets split up a bit. Trying to cover all the class D amps mods etc on one page could make it a really long page...

I would reckon that a page per manufacturer would be more easily digested, with links on the page you have created.

And I would also include one on the Sure electronics products. There are a couple of long threads here that could be harvested for content.

Oops its a Wiki... Its better form to contribute yourself before giving anyone else advice..... Looks like I may have just volunteered. Oh well I have just bought 5 sure 2024 amps to play with, when I get back from my holidays I will edit something together.

In response to post #10 to be clear on this once and for all: Tripath is gone; chapter 7, out of business.
Their engineering and office equipment was auctioned off to multiple buyers. Their intellectual property was bought by Cirrus Logic.
Any modules or chips still available would be old stock that you happen to find somewhere. Whether or not Cirrus will ever make and sell any of the original Tipath parts is doubtful but you'd have to ask Cirrus that.

virtue one/two

Guys,
I'm not sure if you've seen the Virtue amps. It took us more than 2 years to do something useful with the TC2001 which is used in amps like Winsome Mouse and Red Wine Audio as well. We tried to address many of the issues that the DIY crowd had with the Trends and Kingrex amps. The unit runs at 30v and has huge 22,000 uF power caps. We're using special input caps designed for us by Audience and custom drum-core inductors. If any of you want to try it out, please use the Contact Us form on my web-page, mention this thread, and I'll give you a discount code.
Very best,
Seth Krinsky
CEO, Virtue Audio

Re: virtue one/two

Is Virtue still in business ???

I tried going to there website tonight and it's down/not working. Hopefully it's just a glitch.

virtue said:
Guys,
I'm not sure if you've seen the Virtue amps. It took us more than 2 years to do something useful with the TC2001 which is used in amps like Winsome Mouse and Red Wine Audio as well. We tried to address many of the issues that the DIY crowd had with the Trends and Kingrex amps. The unit runs at 30v and has huge 22,000 uF power caps. We're using special input caps designed for us by Audience and custom drum-core inductors. If any of you want to try it out, please use the Contact Us form on my web-page, mention this thread, and I'll give you a discount code.
Very best,
Seth Krinsky
CEO, Virtue Audio

Re: Re: virtue one/two

Completely my mistake Virtue is a live and well, must have just caught them during maintenance.

Which is good, because I keep hearing very good things coming out of this company.

I wish I could delete or edit my previous post/question.

mr_macgee said:
Is Virtue still in business ???

I tried going to there website tonight and it's down/not working. Hopefully it's just a glitch.

Hm, is there supposed to be any content in the Wiki? I didn't find any?!

Quick question: How come the amp6 from 41hz is rated at 25W while the Sureelectronics board is only rated at 15W, when they both use the ta2024 chip? Is it just a rating thing, pmpo vs din or something?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.