Flying mole CA-S3 digital amp + Akg K1000 - Ohm Resistors needed?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

If I connect my 120 ohm akg k1000 ear speakers to the new flying mole CA-S3 intergrated digital amp.Do I need to plug the 4-8 ohm resistors in parallel with speaker cable in order to get the optimum result?or should I get different ohm resistors instead?

I ask this because when I used my t-amp with k1000,other have suggested 4-8 ohm resistors will help tame the brightness.

Thanx in advance :)

tyloh said:
Hi,

Do I need to plug the 4-8 ohm resistors in parallel with speaker cable in order to get the optimum result?or should I get different ohm resistors instead?

Try this:

Attachments

• gradospk.jpg
    gradospk.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 252
Re: Re: Flying mole CA-S3 digital amp + Akg K1000 - Ohm Resistors needed?

lucpes said:

Try this:

I think this is not what he is looking for. The reason for paralleling a 4 or 8 ohm resistor is to modify the frequency response of the output LC filter (basically the Q-factor of the LC output filter). The proposal of lucpes is not doing much in that respect, it just reduces the voltage that goes to the headpone and reduces the load at the amp output to something like 20Ohm which will likely not be enough to tame the brightness of such an LC output filter. I do not know whether the flying mole amps have post filter feedback (like UcD). With post-filter feedback, the frequency response maybe independent of the load (at least for UcD it is). I also think those AKG K1000s need a quite high voltage, correct? so attenuating the amp output may not be desired.

I would just try it, flying mole and AKG with/without additional parallel resistors, if you get too much high without the resistor then you know it has an LC filter that needs to be tamed.

Best regards

Gertjan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.