My all discrete prefilter class-D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hi,

I am interested in all discrete class D because I can make them with cheap parts, and availability.

During I redesign the UcD DIY I found that the my new design is good also for prefilter feedback. Actually I use two feedback prefilter for positive feedback oscillation and post filter to control gain.

But this time I just works on simulation. But the result from simulation seems good.

Attachments

• classd_all_discrete_prefilter_r01.pdf
    37 KB · Views: 390
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Gate driver... on-off

Attachments

• pre_gates.jpg
    pre_gates.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 703
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hi Chris,

This is post-filter feedback simulation that use same circuit from above pre-filter feedback.

I didn't see so much difference from the both simulation result. Please check and maybe you will find the difference.

Attachments

• classd_all_discrete_postfilter_r01.asc.zip
    4 KB · Views: 101
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
changing feedbak loop

Hi,

I just remove the feedback from post filter output. The gain control is done by control the voltage feedback signal from prefilter itself. Simply, if the feedback is higher than the gain is lower vice versa. So no matter for the gain control.

Simpler feedback loop than post filter indeed.

Attachments

• classd_all_discrete_prefilter_r02.pdf
    37 KB · Views: 159
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.