Crown Amplifier Kicked out by D-Amp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fine line & dust off ...

" ... It is a fine line to tread not to enter into self promotion on a site like this. ..."

" ... We need a little content anyway, keep the dust off things. When posts or replies to queries become "have you seen this link? (link to my product or affiliation here)" ..."

Ditto all of that ... and I hope fredos keeps us up to date on progress.

There is a place for his efforts onec he gets the kinks out ... if there are any left ...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=44 ...= Vendor's Bizzar

Hey Classd4sure

I've not been their all the week end...Just fews minute each 12 hours to take a look at the stock...Anyways, after 4-5 minutes, I just whant to go back home, too loud for me, maybe I'm too old for this!

Anyways, after a closer look to the speaker, nothing seem broken! Nice for an outdoor rave with only 8X 15'' in the sub!

Have a nice day!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

PS, yes it was insane for amplifier, after 57 hours, the sub amp was really hot! No thermal tripping!

Hello Guy. Back again on forum, I have more time now...

Just move the company in brand new more spacious building. Just finish to unpack all box....2 53' truck full of stock!

And another good new for class d lover, I just install another big Rave club in montreal, The Circus, with 10 D-amp...

6 D-amp 12K HVI (pre-production units) for sub on 12 Belisle NAC218 (www.tr.ca) and 4 8000 HVI for top on 12 double 15'' horn top....Sound pressure is incredible, I can stay in the room fopr more than 4-5 minutes....132Db recorded on the center of the dance flour...I will bring you some picture of the club next week....Ounce again, they was a Crown VZ5002 probleme, another club that blow a Crown each 2 week....

Nice business to replace Crown by digital amplifier!

Bye

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

web site will be updated soon with news products, AND YES, I will include a section for 200-400W DIY module!

!! interesting ...

" ... Nice business to replace Crown by digital amplifier! ... a section for 200-400W DIY module! ..."

1) You probably should acquire your own commercially supported area here in the Vendor's Bazaar ( http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=44 ) ... that way you can promote your company and projects and we can all continue these discussion and others related to your successes ... No offence, I personally am very, very interested in what you are doing as it is comparable to projects I am working on as well = commercial / pro-audio amplifiers. ( Self promotion is a good thing, but has another place in this blog than here in the DIY area(s). The costs here are incredibly reasonable considering the traffic volume and high level of the customer base. )

2) Since you indicate that you are working up a lower powered amp (200 to 400W), what kind of power supply(s) are you using? Digital / switching? Linear ? (Discussions about power supply design are always allowed here and elsewhere, as long as when the project is done and enters production, the promotion of the finished goods are place as above.)

Keep the faith :)

Hello FastEddy

Promotion on DIY dont give anything anyways, people are here to built and experiment, not to buy! I'm just there to help people in their project and to be keep in touch with new way to design. Lot of people have good idea that can improve performance or design cost, without copying the original idea. My product are mature, but production or design can always be improved! That the way, I think, technologie should evoluate.

The DIY project i projet to add to my web site will be a canceled order from big manufacturer ( I can't give any name here...). I have over 2000 unit of a 200 watts 8 ohms and 400W 4 ohms single channel module that only required a +/-65V power supply and a 0-15V 250Khz square wave to work. That was a module originaly designed for home cinema multi channel receiver. This is not a bullet proof module like the pro production amplifier, but should be enought for everyone that need to built/learn/modify a class-D amplifier for home purpose, or maybe a car amplifier with added heatsink. So my lose will be your gain!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

Oh boy ...

" ... I have over 2000 unit of a 200 watts 8 ohms and 400W 4 ohms single channel module that only required a +/-65V power supply ..."

... Do you have any junk/broken Crown amps ?? I'll buy some if the price is right :D

I got one that was broken, frisbeed the circuit board, and stuffed it with my own filter and amp modules .... worked out great!

(Looking for Crown XLR202 or equal = great chassis & transformer.)

:smash:

" ... a simple cure - very very loud monitor speakers for the DJ :) ..."

Here is the states, the simple cure leads to DJ ear plugs ... :whazzat:

(You are right ... when setting up for an electric band in a smaller house, I always turn the monitors and the mains so that they feed back to the band through the stage mics ... that way they at least have to add EQ and cut the levels. I also make 'em sign off on a "you break it, you buy it" for the house PA.)

:angel:

Nice way, but I just sold amplifier, install it and that's all. A sound man come to tune it at his (blowed!) hear, and after that, DJ do the rest of the job! And anyways, most of the time, they crank their monitor enought loud to override the sound of the mainroom, monitor amplifier fail and crank more the mainroom to have the same sound they was having with monitor...So I cant do nothing except look at the smoke in the speakers at the end of party, when it's not the speakon plug that melt....Anyways, people have to be responsible, specialy when they whant to have more and more....

That's why I have always a pair of ears plug in my pocket!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

Status
Not open for further replies.