Crown Amplifier Kicked out by D-Amp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
classd4sure said:
Yup. We need a little content anyway, keep the dust off things. When posts or replies to queries become "have you seen this link? (link to my product or affiliation here)" .... as we've all seen here before, then I think it's time to bring the hammer down, especially when that's the sole contribution.

Do you mean like this?

New D-Amp Web Site! Post #1
Not finished yet, fews things to translate, but anyways, news products now online! If someone find english (or french or spanish!) error, let me know please...News technologie soon for you guy to share! And just finish some technical paper before to add DIY module of 400W! (And cheap price too!)

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

:D

Hello Lars

Just do it less subtile than you! ;) Your threads seem more commercial for DIY user than mine...My main bussines is Pro Audio, not DIY...I'm there to help other to solve problemes and in exchange I ask for help...Anyways, I think that we give a lot to community and wish that still continue!

Nice work you do! Continue! That's the only way for evolution!

Have a nice day!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

fredos said:
Hello Lars

Just do it less subtile than you! ;) Your threads seem more commercial for DIY user than mine...My main bussines is Pro Audio, not DIY...I'm there to help other to solve problemes and in exchange I ask for help...Anyways, I think that we give a lot to community and wish that still continue!

Nice work you do! Continue! That's the only way for evolution!

Have a nice day!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

Dear Fredos

I have understand you make out-of-the-box PA amplifiers, that's why i (like EVA) don't understand what these threads have to do in this forum (which is called: DIYaudio).

Also i don't understand why the forum accept this kind of pure marketing thread, for a non DIY related product, and furthermore clinically free of any useful content for the DIY community.
What is the next? Maybe someone in here work in an audio shop, and start marketing a known audio brand? Or maybe some user with diy audio interest work as an automobile salesman, and thus starts marketing his cars here?

You claim i do the same as you, but where is the thread saying: "My ***ClassD website is now finished". Or even "*** amplifier kicked out by ***ClassD amplifier" ??? I will save you the trouble, the answer is: Nowhere!. It's true i answer questions anyone might have about my product, but that's called technical support.

IMO support has a place here on diyaudio.com, because it has a general interest, and high technical content. And even mixed support and marketing is ok (because it's sometimes hard to separate). However pure marketing has not.

If any moderators think differently, please let me know.

Lastly let me assure you, that i do not post something like this for the purpose of improving my own position on the market. I realise a post like this one is never very popular, and will not 'sell' anything for me at all. My purpose for this post is simply to try and keep the forum free of pure marketing threads. I think you will agree this is a good thing.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ivan,
Wow! I guess, the advertising here is useful stuff for both guys, maybe they just often press to the "Make a Donation" button, and get rights to promote himself on the forum.
I can assure you the this site does not work like that at all!

Donations from members are gratefully accepted. There is another answer (actually, more than one) for corporate sponsors. These are visible to the membership so there is no mistake.

-Chris

LARS CLAUSEN,
This type of Behaviour wasnot EXPECTED from you ATLEAST!

Fredos isnot marketing his amps here on DIYAUDIO, but only shares his good/joyous moments with the Fellow DIYERS....He reveals his very own design secrets more than you do....

K a n w a r

Lars is right, this is supposed to be a blogg and non commercial forum for DIY audio types, and the commercial side is supposed to be seperate ... see http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=45

Fredo also has a point ... the announcement of an updated web site that will shortly have Class-D DIY modules is of great interest to those of us trying to sort through all the various products and advances in Class-D.

My advise to Lars is: Keep the Faith.

My advise to Fredo is: Check this out = http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/announcement.php?s=&announcementid=9&forumid=44 ... "US$100 per year" is about as good as it gets and these links do get placed / ranked at Google which makes them quadrupelly valuable = you can't have too many cross links.

Personally I have found these posts to be enlightening, informative and valuable ... and hope that the next time Fredo has something new to announce he does so here in the Class D forum ... But he should bite the bullet and pony up the C note = it is more than worth it.

:)

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
:captain:

I wrote Fredos about a month ago concerning getting an AVB thread and have gotten no reply. Various members have reported this thread as being too commercial even back then, before this latest discussion.

As FastEddy points out, it isn't a lot of money to buy an AVB thread.
If these manufacturers just get the thread, they will have a place that they can control, and they will be in a separate area where they won't be confused with pure DIY projects, at a very reasonable cost. If they are selling products, $100 a year would add very little to the cost of each unit.

Asking for help with his website spelling, etc. is reasonable, as I'm sure many want to help and support him, but it is for his business. Selling hundreds of old amp modules will be of interest to our members, but is selling after all. Promoting his amp as superior to others makes us all happy for him, but is promotion after all.

If Fredos continues to not respond to my message this thread and others by him will have to be closed.

Variac

" ... they will be in a separate area where they won't be confused with pure DIY projects, at a very reasonable cost. If they are selling products, $100 a year would add very little to the cost of each unit. ..."

There is another aspect that the DIYAudio moderators, et al, don't realize about the Google / Yahoo / etc. search engines ... The more "cross links" the better as each cross link boosts the search engine positioning for both, the DIYAudio / Market Place / Vendors' Bazaar / ... and the Vendor's own web site pages ... this feature alone is worth the 100 bucks. Link where appropriate and the magic happens, no kidding.

(From 10 years eCommerce experience on line ...)

:smash:

Variac said:
Various members have reported..

Variac, please confirm, this is never my reports yet.
Actually, Fredos thread just started, and maybe he'll give more interesting technical details else, so why need to close the thread now? Just a clean up several posts will be much better, otherwise you'll must delete all UcD threads too, because UcD it's a commercial product, however, IMO, personally Bruno gave 90% of the fine technical info into the class D forum at all. Well, let's chance to Fredos to impress us (anybody else built 12000W amp?). :cool:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ivan,
You will not see reports to the moderators. We do.

Closing a thread does not hide previous posts, it only prevents new posts. We may do this when a commercial interest is behind the thread and the poster(s) refuse to abide by the forum rules.

-Chris

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Excellent!
We really don't want to close threads, and we consider fredos a friend.

BUT, it is important to keep threads in their correct place. Putting your thread in Audio Vender's Bazaar is not a punishment, or a critisism. It is just where a lot of these threads belong.

We are not picking on fredos, and I assure you, others will be moving their posting to AVB shortly!

Variac

Facts:

-Fred from D-amps contributes knowledge of both a technical and factual nature. He has also proven to be able to back or at least explain his claims in a technical manner which can be appreciated.

-Lars has contributed somewhat to DIY, but only by offering products for sale, and veils his advertising on the forum of it by calling it "support".

-Lars has never been able to satisfy a pertinent technical question with a suitable answer that didn't end up being some voodoo based non technically/provable blabber. Therefore not many worthy contributions have been made by him at all, ever.

-Until very recently Fred has never had a product to advertise here.

-Fred's signal to noise ratio Vs that of Lars is 100000:1.

-With a few mentions of Fred's website or sucess all these little complaint emails roll in. From who? What do they have for sale, and why should I care what their problem is. Surely, no DIYr complained. Surely it was only people with hidden motives, or not so hidden.

-Fred has about two, maybe three posts, directly related to his temporary product that isn't even yet on the market. You're on him over 100$ for what you've let others get away with forever, and still are, on the pretense they may or may not call it support.

For this the moderators would willingly _banish_ a technically capable /contributing member to a section of the forum that he's actually got to pay to be ignored on, and if you can even post to him in that section, I wouldn't know, because I've never seen that "feature" used the two times I've been.

Questions:

-How is reduced access to Fred from the DIYr perspective contributing to the forum in a healthy way.
-Why can't Fred simply offer the same "support" others have always gotten away with.
-How is this level of reduced traffic and exposure worth the 100$ you're attempting to exploit from him?
-How does such treatment of one of the real pro's keep this site worth my comming to.
-Exactly what other threads /users will you also be referring to the paid section?

*Do you realize if you actually came good on that promise, all you'd be left with in the class D section, are non contributors? A portion of them will be marketing as they've always done, the others being the consumers, who resist education. You're setting precedence that tolerates nothing else, at least before we had our inbetween, now you're forcing us to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.