Audiodigit T 100 shorting my sub?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just purchased an assembled Audiodigit T100. It was delivered from Italy to California in 3 days, which is impressive. The amp looks simple and overall well-made.

It sounds very good with my Gallo Nucleus Solo speakers. I let it run for a day or so and it opened up noticeably. The highs seem a little rolled off compared to the Class A Pass Aleph 30 which it replaced, but it is still a very pleasant sound (much, much better than the Harman Kardon DPR-2005 I tried first and returned.)

The problem is, it seems to short my Sunfire Signature MKII sub (http://www.sunfire.com/truesub.htm) It is a powered sub and it is connected through the speaker inputs. The sub is not at fault, because I tried a second, identical sub I keep in my TV room, and it does the same.

The moment I plug in the sub, both the sub and the Gallos start clicking/thumping rapidly, about once per second or so.

I run speaker wires from the amp, into the wall, then after about 20 meters to a wall outlet. I then run four wires to the two Gallo speakers, and four wires to the speaker inputs of the sub. This was working just fine with the Pass Aleph.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the Audiodigit.

Sunfire had suggested that I disconnect the left or the right channel wires from the sub and run only one channel in, which I've done, but it still clicks/thumps.

Daniele from Audiodigit tells me that the (-) of the amp is not ground, so maybe this is what's causing the short.

Anyone with any ideas how to remedy this?

I've experienced that clicking sound before, it is the tripath protection kicking in.. something is shorted.

Also, the tripath does not share a common ground for speaker out, so using the 3-wire (2 channel + 1 ground) speaker level to the sub is a no-no..

I'm not sure why it wouldnt work for a single channel though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.