UcD180ad Vs 41Hz Audio AMP5 (Tripath TA2022)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Thomas,

finally I received 4 Metglas samples: MP7206MDGC

I used 1mm wire and did 13 turns to achive 11 µH.

Sound is really good(somehow differnt, but in the end better), still have to do some more listening tests.

But what is bothering me is the hughe temperature rise. Calculations proposed AWG15 wire(with 15°rise) but I used AWG18wire (easier to handle). Still have to test temperature, but at moderate listening levels I´ll have about 50-60°C.
I hope there isn´t any other defect, like with the vn10 inductor (had problemssoldering) and hopefully the speaker output relay(its nearby) does not get damaged.

Attachments

• mp7206mdgc.jpg
    mp7206mdgc.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 865
xenob said:

I used 1mm wire and did 13 turns to achive 11 µH.

Sound is really good(somehow differnt, but in the end better), still have to do some more listening tests.

Sounds great xenob!

I should be installing mine in the next few days...

One question though...does changing the wire diametre and turn number, despite having the same overall inductance, affect saturation characteristics?

one photo with new coils installed.

As mentioned, only the heat generated worries me. I think wire diameter used is important: the higher the diameter the lower the heat generated. May i should have used more than 1mm(approx AWG18).
For saturation I dont know but probably the right core type is most important.

For the sound I am still impressed.

Attachments

• mp in amp5.jpg
    mp in amp5.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 996
Just to show.
This 245 permeability cores reach 55°Cwithout applying any music signal.
Is this still accaptable?
But also when playing at low/medium volumes temperature does not rise.
I will still test with 4 ohm boxes at high volume.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 878
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.