More Super T-amp questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know most of you are purists when it comes to signal paths being unencumbered by electronic devices.

But I was wondering if any of you have used outboard EQs in your T-amps. The concern is whether or not class D amps have any wierd quirks regarding EQs, whether passive or active, in their input signal path.

I am planning to build a portable box similar to the Podzilla http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/podzuma/index.html, which uses the guts of an SI 5066 T-amp (w/ no mods) and I was thinking of using car EQ (maybe even one with subwoofer control).

I know this is heresy to some of you, but it is a portable. I realize the Super T is kinda classy for this application and if I'm 'bowled over' by it, I'll opt for the older 5066.

Thanks for indulging me,

3LB

questions

why bother? An EQ (paricularly used for "bass boost") requires that for a certain dB of boost, more amplifier power is needed. 3dB of gain needs a doubling of power.When pushed to the limit, the amp clips and that is how speakers can often be "blown". My advice... be happy with what ya get and if you really need more Bass consider building a small stereo sub that can be enclosed within the enclosure or added to the rear of the Podzilla, buy/get a small electronic crossover, and get another amp to run them..':)' and of course the neccessary batteries.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.