Anyone w/ ICEpower Experience (500ASP)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a chance to get a set of 500ASP ICEpower amp modules. They are just the B&O modules & I will have to fabricate the I/O cables for them. I was given some of the application info but I want to confirm the standy circuit hook-up as it is the only thing I am unclear on how to use.

To engage stand-by on the modules there are 2 pins, stand-by & ground. A transistor (BC546B) is connected to these pins, collector to stand-by & emitter to ground. Ahead of the transistor base is a voltage divider but no values for it are referenced on the application info. There are 3 parts shown in total for this circuit, transistor & 2 resistors.

Would a low voltage be fed into the divider for ON & removed for stand-by? Does this sound right or would it be the other way around?

Sorry for the obtuse questions on something no one here may be familar with. I just don't want to screw these up by incorrectly configuring them. Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated.

Snickers-is said:
When the input is pulled low the circuit goes into standby mode. When unengaged it will remain in "on"-mode.

So without anything connected to the stand-by circuit, the unit is on when the AC main inputs are powered?

I hate to sound stupid on what is likely obvious but I am loathe to damage these because of my lack of familiarity with them.

They are self-oscillating.
And their feedback network must be poorly designed because they have so poor estability that they needed to put a very low impedance Zobel network to help in this matter. For you to make an idea, the zobel resistor is screwed to the mosfets tab and it is a 25W 4.7ohm resistor. That's why they don't withstand near full power at 10-20KHz :smash:
It's just that I have one module and the impression it gave me was very poor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.