newbie question : bass mod on SI t-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
found this on michael' site.

http://www.michael.mardis.com/sonic/inputmods_F.html

So,basically,I need to remove R01,R02,bridge C3 and C4.
then replace the stock pot with 50k or 100k pot and input cap.

is that all I need to do?

and here comes the dumbest questions....by remove..you mean just remove the lead,rite?and what do you mean by bridge?connect c3 to c4?

I do not know all this stuffs,but I have found someone with soldering skill who could help me,but he doesn't understand english so I need to explain to him in Mandarin......

Thanx in advance.

:)

You heat the resistors and caps and remove them. Then you bridge the break in the circuit left by the caps with solder. That is, not c3 to c4.

Parts Connexion has pot and different caps. The ones you refer to are only sold through an online dealer in Hong Kong, I believe. Don't go overboard with that stuff. You usually find much cheaper caps in high-price gear.

Removing the resistors will result in the single biggest improvement. Everything else is "degrees" of improvement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.