diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Class D (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/)
-   -   Bruno Putzeys' reference UcD amplifier (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/77105-bruno-putzeys-reference-ucd-amplifier.html)

nilsomat 4th April 2006 02:48 PM

Bruno Putzeys' reference UcD amplifier

Hello everyone, i found a really interesting information about Bruno Putzey's (inventor of UcD) own selfbuilt amplifier on the hypex homepage:

--snip--
Two UcD modules on a mainboard. Input buffering is fully discrete and dozens of LED's act as stable, low noise zener diodes. In fact, Bruno once said that he could read the newspaper by just lifiting the cover of the amplifier ;-)

There are no regular voltage regulators to be found inside. A couple of fully discrete circuits (lots of LED's) provide a very low noise, high PSRR power supply. Bruno found regular zener diodes to be far too noisy for this purpose.
--snip--

Does anyone know how to implement input buffering and voltage regulation with LEDs?? Hey, this might also look cool :)

Greetings,
Nils

ghemink 5th April 2006 03:28 AM

Re: Bruno Putzeys' reference UcD amplifier

Quote:

Originally posted by nilsomat
Hello everyone, i found a really interesting information about Bruno Putzey's (inventor of UcD) own selfbuilt amplifier on the hypex homepage:

--snip--
Two UcD modules on a mainboard. Input buffering is fully discrete and dozens of LED's act as stable, low noise zener diodes. In fact, Bruno once said that he could read the newspaper by just lifiting the cover of the amplifier ;-)

There are no regular voltage regulators to be found inside. A couple of fully discrete circuits (lots of LED's) provide a very low noise, high PSRR power supply. Bruno found regular zener diodes to be far too noisy for this purpose.
--snip--

Does anyone know how to implement input buffering and voltage regulation with LEDs?? Hey, this might also look cool :)

Greetings,
Nils

About input buffering with LEDs I don`t know. However for voltage regulation, in a position where you would normally use a zenerdiode, you would put a number of LEDs in series until you get the desired voltage over that stack of LEDs.

Gertjan

lenz 5th April 2006 04:54 PM

@ Nils

Hi

Give a mail address and i`ll send you an ELRAD article referring to this.

Alfetta87 5th April 2006 05:49 PM

Re: Bruno Putzeys' reference UcD amplifier

Quote:

Originally posted by nilsomat

--snip--

--snip--

Greetings,
Nils

Why don't you ask Bruno directly? I'm sure he'll give some info

Alfetta87 5th April 2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lenz
@ Nils

Hi

Mee too please I want the ELRAD article.

Thanks,

- dan

Workhorse 6th April 2006 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lenz
@ Nils

Hi

Hi Lenz,

Kindly send ELRAD article to me also:

info@workhorsetechnologiesindia.com

regards,
K a n w a r

nilsomat 6th April 2006 06:37 AM

@lenz: Thank you for your nice offer! Can you please send it to :
nilsp -at- gmx -dot- net
Thank you!

classd4sure 6th April 2006 09:57 AM

What's ELRAD?

Maybe you can quote the relevant text, link to it or hell, post it here?

Workhorse 6th April 2006 11:17 AM

Quote:

Maybe you can quote the relevant text, link to it or hell, post it here
:D :D :D ;) ;) :devilr: :devilr:

lenz 6th April 2006 12:28 PM

Oh, sorry, but ELRAD is a death german electronic magazine and I`ve
the article only as scanned PDF.