blue led off on 1 ucd180. the folks at

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
both blue leds have been on for

days now and just tonight the blue led on 1 module went out.

its on my right channel and compared to the left i can hear no difference.

i was also surprised when they told me it was a known issue and not to worry about it.

going to build another psu tomorrow.

going from current (lolool) 154va to 670va with 27kuf per rail.

hope it helps with them cutting out on the big transients.

eventually want to get my hands on a 1kva+ xformer with 33v secondaries or single 60v secondary.

do you know if pwm amps are like chip-amps(lm1875/3886/3875/etc) wrt soar ?

Did you not try the shorter wires first? I think both would help, and that you'd get more benefit from using shorter wires by far than you ever could from remote supply. Unless it's some crucial objective to be met in your particular case, at least consider trying it.

No point in further guessing what the problem with the LED might be, I'm sure the fix won't be much though, hopefully since it's a known problem and I trust a very minor one they'll let us in on the fix for it.

At any rate I don't believe it's a part of the signal path and would not influence the audio, so I'm sure you have not dreamt not hearing a difference.

will definitely use shorter power

cable but it will still be about 1m.

all my equipment power supplies are outboard and mechanically isolated except for the new(to me) cdp which is yba product.

cdp and dac are also isolated from analog by using 2 separate conditioners from welbourne labs.

hmmmm......................

which now makes me wonder about powering the ucd amps from the digital vs analog conditioner.

i will post tomorrow what i hear with the new psu.

thanks.

Interesting, I was just going to send an email to Hypex regarding the blue LED's. They turn on when the amp is turned on. Built my first stereo amp and now after several days, one is dimmer but there is no difference in sound. What is the purpose of these LED's? I thought maybe they would go out or change color when in standby, but apparently it is not.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

My S/N is 0602/0419P333 (UCD180-AD). Is there another number to look for?

Another thing, both LED's are at the same brightness now. Make sure you have a good connection for the amp-on signal wire at the power supply. The LED's don't light unless these are connected.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.