Question about commercial class D amps...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
yeah, that is a very cool amp.

i was meaning like "today"...

i was talking with a guy here that works for a hi end audio supplier (not commercial by any means, he sells polk audio, harman, krell,YBA,...), he wasnt sure whats about a class D amp, so i guess there is very few on the market for now...the guy is not bs, he knows hifi...

why??

I was hoping to see one, to see the actual spec...

thanks

Pat

tons of class D amps available

I don't know where your friend has been but there are many many high end class D amps available. Some companies use the Tripath chip set (older Bel-Canto, Audio Research, Carver, Teac, etc.). You can get a 10 watt Tripath amp from Red Wine Audio that is suppose to be great. Other companies use the B&O Ice Power modules (H20, Roland, PS Audio, later Bel-Cantos). Still other companies use the Hypex UCD modules (Channel Island Audio and myself). Then there are those companies that make their own Class D modules and sell complete amps with them (Spectron, Nuforce). Also several new companies selling modules as well. And last but not least there are those pure digital receivers/amps like the TACT, Panasonic and JVC receivers, Sony amps and receivers......lots to choose from. I am sure I left out several.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.