Its time one of you guys make some money! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th March 2006, 02:32 AM   #11
dcfis is offline dcfis  United States
diyAudio Member

[
Thats fine. I dont know about the cert stuff just throw it in a box and sell it (of course make it good)

Old 25th March 2006, 11:30 AM   #12
BWRX is offline BWRX  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Well, I won't have enough time to make complete amps, but if there's enough demand I may try to offer kits or partially assembled kits (with the chip already soldered for a little more).

I plan on building 4 and sending a couple out for people to demo. The other two are mine for experimentation I'll start another thread when I actually finish building the boards with more information, but as a preview these boards will feature output offset adjustment, input overload and fault status LEDs, a very configurable power supply section with the option of having a regulator for each of the 5 sections (inputs, analog driving stage, and outputs) and your choice of supply for each section (battery, linear, smps), a start-up delay circuit that keeps the outputs muted while the input caps charge so there's no pop when you turn it on, and configurable mute and sleep jumpers. Also the option for better output filter components. There should be enough room for polyprop output caps and aircore inductors should someone want to try those out.
Old 25th March 2006, 12:10 PM   #13
japjag is offline japjag  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to japjag
i would gladly try out/buy those boards BWRX (at least include the chip) your layout looks very promising so please keep us updated . i had a look at my t-amp boards and it could really use some tweaking.
Old 25th March 2006, 04:40 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I would be happy to add my chassis to the mix:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...amp=1142180289
Old 25th March 2006, 04:50 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Hey Brian, what layout software ae you using? Looks pretty neat.
Old 25th March 2006, 05:12 PM   #16

I use the free version of Eagle on my mac (you also have to download and install X11 to run it). The maximum board size you can do in the free version is 100mm x 80mm, but thankfully projects like this can be fit onto boards this size It's great software with some pretty nice features. It doesn't have quite the capabilities of something like OrCAD Capture and Layout, but I sure like its interface a lot better!
Old 26th March 2006, 06:16 PM   #17
dcfis is offline dcfis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by neil_kaye
I would be happy to add my chassis to the mix:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...amp=1142180289

Those look good to me! Now ghet er done!
Old 27th March 2006, 01:23 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Brian,
That would be great if you could offer those boards as kits at a reasonable price. I like my amp3, but it would be great to have someone offering kits stateside, especially if they are a sonic improvement. Keep us posted on your progress, and if you ever want a kit tester let me know.
Joe
Old 27th March 2006, 04:22 PM   #19

I've already got a few testers in mind but I'll sure keep you in mind if I want some more opinions about the amp

I'm putting in an order for the boards tonight, so I need to get in gear and order parts too! Then I just need to build them up. Like I said before, I'll start a new thread when I get one up and running. According to my calculations that should be in about one month.
Old 29th March 2006, 11:02 PM   #20

5 of my prototype boards were ordered and I should see them in a couple of weeks. Now to work on ordering the parts!

Hide this!Advertise here!