Joining the T-amp community

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I am already in the Class D community with a number of UCD modules already. Recently, I am planning to build a home theater multichannel system with T-amp

I narrow it down to 2 choices but not sure which one to get

1. Charlize
2. amp6
3. autocostruire

Any comment on what might be the best option?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
It's pretty simple really...

How much do you want to spend?
Are you willing to assemble the amp?

If you want to pay less and are willing to do assembly go for the amp6.
If you're willing to pay more and don't want to do assembly pick one of the other two.

ackcheng said:
Hi!

I am already in the Class D community with a number of UCD modules already. Recently, I am planning to build a home theater multichannel system with T-amp

I narrow it down to 2 choices but not sure which one to get

1. Charlize
2. amp6
3. autocostruire

Any comment on what might be the best option?

Hi,

I have both Charlize and autocostruire and prefer Charlize. To bring the autocostruire kit to Charlize level, you'll have to at least replace the input cap. If you do some search with "Charlize", you'll find many comments on it and the Autocostruire kit.

Best regards,

I can actually do the assembly myself. Just more inclide to find one with the best sonic properties suitable for home theater system. I will be using these amps for my other active crossover system too. WOuld they cause turn on "pop"?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.