AMP2 for Maggies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just built a 5 channel LM3886 amp based from BrianGT's boards. Although it sounds wonderful with my Dayton Aluminum MTM setup, it was not enough for my MMGW/MMGC setup. (Posted for sale)

What are your opinions of using 3 AMP2 kits with Maggies?

What suggestions do you have for a single power supply for all 3 modules in one case?

Brian

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have tried my MMGs on LM3886 and it was ok, I have the Amp5 Kit and the AMP2 Kit but neither are done. I also have a UCD180 and a ZAPpulse 2.1 that I still need to finish up too. Too many projects...

My guess is that the maggies really need power to shine. If you don't have at least 100 wpc, I would bother.

My 2 cents here...

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have tried my MMGs on the ZAPPulse v2.1 and there definitley is no shortage of power - with rail voltages of 58VDC, there's 340 wpc to the maggies...sound is good and clear....very dynamic and is a very good fit for these power hungry maggies - I have a pair of MMG-W's still in the box - I will try these out on the ZAPpulse sometime soon...

I have not yet completed the UCD180, but I expect them to sound just as good...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.