My Class D DIY - gainclone clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
After several months of planning, milling, cutting and late night soldering i have finally finsihed my charlize based SMPS (power supply) gainclone project.
I am extremely happy with the results:
1. Sound: Wow, i was previosuly using an Autocraisure 2020 amp running DC. In comparison charlize with SMPS has much tighter base, fuller soundstage and more controlled mids. In fact i am so impressed i will be selling my Linn Aktive based system... see Audiogon soon. As an aside i am using Fostex 83E speakers in a double base enclosure- very fast. My wife keeps commenting on the vibrancy and "live" sound of the system. I could not get my brother to leave last night he was enjoying the sound so much
2. Look: As a professional designer (architect) I was very much driven by the "design of the setup. I was inspired by the 47 labs humpty. The chassis is milled aluminum (black anodise finish). The feet are lathed stainless steel.
3. Parts: All silver internal wiring and cardas connectors. Still considering swapping out the standrds inout caps with some black gate N's.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all there help. Special thanks to Nuuk and Yeo

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,400
vt4c... thanks for the kind workds and the lesson in ohm's law:eek:

DOHbert;
the two switches you see at the pack of the power supply unit are SPDT switches which are not true on-off rockers. Each switch has 3 pins- the cente for power in and the outer pins for the switched condtions.
Switch one was wired to live line in (pin 0-center), pin 2 was wired to live out and pin 3 was left empty.
Switch two was wired to theDC power out. Pin 0 (center) took the +ve 12VDC in., pin 2 to the soft start circuit, and pin 3 to the 12VDC out.
This way switch one controlled power on/off whilst switch two provided for the soft start switch.
Hope this helps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.