Amp comparison event

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Based on the number of "yawns", I'd say all of them sucked. Regardless, I plan on buying a Hypex model and comparing with the Ska (simple killer amp) and Aksa and maybe with my analog Jeff Rowland. I need 10 to 14 channels of amplification for the Linkwitz system I plan to build, and Hypex UcD modules would be by far the easiest to build.

fredos said:
What is this site??? All proto with no UL or CSA certification....Should not advise this if they sell it....Just pay attention guy!! No certification could cost you a lot!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

How much does cert. cost?? Certification doesn't tend to sell an amp, and is just not feasible to the small builder.

If they mass produced like I imagine you do it might be different?

Is certification cheaper if you only end up selling a few amps in a year?

Some of these are on the market, in fact I'd imagine most of them are considering they're trying to get them reviewed.

Just to let you know, that if you sell something to someone, and it was not certified, you can pay for the rest of your life if something happen with your amp, even for 5 amplifier a years..And worst, if customs catch something not approved, you can go in jail if they found you...It was totaly illegal to sell something without CSA, UL, TUV, CCC or any safety approval...Pay attention guy! By the way, this is just good for something you plug in AC outlet or product that use more than 40V DC...So just built power amp under 40V! Can give you near 100W in 4 ohms for bridge amplifier...

Sorry to be like this, but I have learn and spend a llot of money with certifiaction process...Just to let you know that certification cost between 6000$ and 8000$ depend of technology and take nears 6-8 weeks if everything is correct. But dont stress, it was mostly mechanical and plastic related..

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.