Hotrodding the UCD Modules: Output Cap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just finished reading the original "Hotrodding the UCD Modules" thread and feel like we should be giving out badges for successful completion. I am only half way through the "UCD180 Questions" thread and may never finish it before my amp is done and modded. For this reason I am breaking out my question to a new thread ;)

In reading the posts about replacing the .68mf "output" cap on the UCD180 I was left with the impression that everyone was trying to mount the new replacement into the original holes but on the underside of the board. In looking at the board tonight I realized that this cap is actually placed right across the outputs as the last element of the circuit. Is there any reason one could not just use the large solder joints of the output connectors to hang the cap from? It seems much more secure than trying to hang it off the original solder pads nearby.

Thanks,

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.