sinclair x10/x20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I still have one, but not used for over 20 years. The design was quite simple, but used out-of-spec transistors.
From memory the mid range sound in particular was excellent for the time, but with no output filter, the speaker leads radiated very powerful RF like crazy, right up to the aeronautical bands. For this reason I never ran it for long enough to make a proper assesment, and I would recommend you don't either.
It was good enough to make me buy modern Class-d when they came on the market.

I have been asked by latala to send him info on the 10.

I have the original manual (6 A5 pages) and will scan the pages ( possibly as three at A4) later and email them to him directly.

latala please send me your direct email address.

They will need to be quite big files, probably each about 800k, so I will send three emails spaced at 24 hours each. I cannot guaratee they will be fully readable as the manual is an old photocopy and a little faded.

If anybody else wants them, email me within 24 hours with your direct email address and I will add you to the emails. Note that means others can see your address.

I have not used a 10 so cannot answer questions.

Ross

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.