swCAD III simulation problem - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2006, 09:46 PM   #1
bob123 is offline bob123  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default swCAD III simulation problem

Hi
i am having problems simulating a class d amp in swCADIII. If anyone can spot the problem i would be grateful.

The attached file has the extention .pdf but that needs to be changed to .asc for swCADIII to open it, as it is not possible to post that type of file.

Thanks
bob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf classdv10 real extention = .asc).pdf (7.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 12th February 2006, 10:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hello Bob,

I put some series-and parallelresistor to L1, a series-resistor to C5 and change Q1 from "NPN" to 2N 5089....
and it starts, please try it.
Regards
Heinz!
Attached Files
File Type: txt classdv10 real extentio-1.asc.txt (7.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 13th February 2006, 12:18 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Re: swCAD III simulation problem

Quote:
Originally posted by bob123

I am having problems simulating a class d amp in swCADIII [LTspice]. If anyone can spot the problem I would be grateful.

The attached file has the extension .pdf but that needs to be changed to .asc for swCADIII to open it, as it is not possible to post that type of file.
First off, it would probably be more user friendly to post .asc attachments either by zipping them or simply adding a .txt suffix (after all, they are text files).

Your simulation schematic has many problems - the driver pnp and output p-fet are upside down, Q1 neither has dc bias nor dc coupled drive from the comparator preceding it, and the input amplifier chain has questionable feedback (but you really need to fix the first two problems before beginning to worry about that).

Regards -- analogspiceman
Old 13th February 2006, 12:37 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

snip:
Your simulation schematic has many problems - the driver pnp and output p-fet are upside down, Q1 neither has dc bias nor dc coupled drive from the comparator preceding it, and the input amplifier chain has questionable feedback (but you really need to fix the first two problems before beginning to worry about that).

, of course! But when the simulator strikes my first view is to the "simple" parts and after this small changes i see V(N001)....
and closed it without a nearer view!
Heinz!

Hide this!Advertise here!