Sonic t-amp help required - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2006, 06:44 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Sonic t-amp help required

I have almost completed my sonic t-amp build, but being a newbie, I over heated the solder pads when I removed R1 & R2.

As a result, the pads have pulled away.

Has anyone experienced and got round this problem? If so, how can I connect into the circuit?

Many thanks for any help.

Regards,

David
Old 9th February 2006, 07:20 PM   #2
tade is offline tade  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to tade
I am completely unfamiliar with the circuit, but what you could try to wire the R in point to point? If you can this will probably work.

I am sure though that you have already thought of that...
Old 12th February 2006, 05:52 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Alternates to solder pad at R1 and R2

I did exactly the same thing on R1 when modifying my board. But, pull out your multimeter and check this out - there's a tiny hole at R1 over which the solder pad was sitting. This was the electrical connection for this pad. If you touch this spot with one lead, and touch one of the ends of R4 (on the other side of the board) with the other lead, you should get a very low resistance (ideally zero ohms). So you can still solder to this spot - the resulting joint will be very fragile, so do it last if at all possible - I've broken this solder joint at least five times now. :-)

If you don't want to try that, you could solder directly to one side of R4, or, you could attempt to bridge what's left of R1 (with a glob of solder if you can get it to stay), and try soldering to the pads of C3. If you try this, I would also remove L1 (I'm not sure if this is necessary, but it couldn't hurt).

On the other channel, the R4 = R5, C3 = C4, and L1 = L2. I hope you get it to work!

Jeremy

Hide this!Advertise here!